Everything you need to know about the SEPC Limited rights issue 2023

SEPC Limited (SEPC) has announced a rights issue of 38,384,615 equity shares aggregating up to Rs. 49.9 crore. The rights issue opens for subscription on December 6, 2023, and will close on December 18, 2023.

Anyone who holds shares of SEPC Limited as of November 28, 2023 (record date) will be eligible for receiving Rights Entitlements (REs). These REs will be temporarily traded on the stock exchanges and will then be extinguished. You can either use the REs to apply for the rights shares of the company or you can sell them in the market.

You can check the announcement from the company here.

You will be eligible for Rights Entitlements (REs) if you’ve bought the shares on or before November 27, 2023. The ex-date is November 28, 2023.

Rights Issue Details

Issue Period December 6, 2023 - December 18, 2023
RE Trading Period December 6, 2023 - December 12, 2023
RE Symbol SEPC-RE1
Issue Price Rs. 13 per share
Ratio 1:36
Ex-date November 28, 2023
Record Date November 28, 2023
Tentative Date of Allotment for rights shares December 22, 2023
Tentative Date of Credit of rights shares December 27, 2023
Tentative Date of Listing for rights shares December 29, 2023

How to apply for SEPC Limited Rights Issue?

Once you either receive the REs from the company or purchase them from the market, you can apply for the rights shares using the below methods;

You can check the application process here.

You will need to enter your Demat account’s Beneficiary Owner ID which is a 16-digit number while applying for the rights issue.

The option to apply for rights shares through the RTAs portal is not available for this rights issue.

What will happen to my purchased holding of RE shares if I do not apply for the rights issue?

Your REs will lapse and you will lose the premium paid to acquire them. The RE will be in the form of temporary demat securities which will lapse if not renounced/exercised once the trading window is closed.

I don’t have the shares but bought REs, am I still eligible to apply for the rights issue?

In case you have bought REs but don’t have shares, you’re still eligible for the rights issue. You may apply for the rights shares either through the RTA’s portal or via net banking ASBA if your bank allows it. If you don’t take any action, and let the REs remain in your Zerodha account, they will lapse after the issue.

You can read more FAQ’s on Rights Issue and Rights Entitlements here.

2 Likes

Can anybody apply for more shares than eligible shares i.e. if anyone eligible for n shares than one can apply for (n+m) shares?

Yes, Dhruv. You can apply for any number of shares. The allotment will be guaranteed to the extent of REs held, for the remaining shares, the allotment will be done on a lottery basis. If you don’t get the allotment, the amount will be refunded.

Can the application process (including payment) be done online? I see that this link shows registration page: SEPC LTD| Home :: Cameo. But I’m unsure of the whole process. Is this the RTA?

1 Like

During COVID time RTA used to give an option to apply through their website, but this is now not available. You can apply online via Netbanking ASBA if your bank is providing option to do so. If not, then the application has to be submitted offline to designated branch of SCSB. You can check the process here.

1 Like

Thank you!

I have 600 sepc re1 shares but now they are showing inactive stocks. Now i can apply for right issue which are issuing on 13/- rs rates. If i apply for right issue then what will happen to my already buy shares at rs 7/- per share

1 Like

Kinldy reply above query. I am on the same boat. :grinning:

CDSL client id accept hi nhi kr rh login pe

SAME, I PURCHASED SEPC-RE1 what to do now??? lol i dont wanna lose my money

i bought just yesterday

REs are temporarily tradable securities, that have to be used for applying for rights shares. The amount you pay for purchasing REs goes to the shareholder who sold them.

If you don’t apply then you will lose all the premium paid for buying the REs.

You will have to apply for rights shares. Have explained the application process above:

If you weren’t shareholder of the company on record date and bought REs from secondary market, then no record will be shown.

You can still apply for rights shares as you hold REs. The allotment will be guaranteed up to the extent of REs held.

Thanks Shubh.

I was not a SEPC shareholder & have bought REs.

Suppose If I bought 1000 SEPC REs, & now I need to apply for 1000 RE’s & pay Rs.13 per RE, as per the process you have described. So, will I recieve 1000 SEPC stocks on the day of allotment/listing?

Kindly suggest

1 Like

Yesterday bought rights of SEPC . Also through my bank have blocked the capital , through Netbanking ASBA . Today I am unable to see the SEPC-RE1 in the Holdings section …should I be worried ?

1 Like

Yes. As you hold 1000 REs, you will receive allotment for 1000 shares upon application.

2 Likes

No, the trading window for SEPC-RE1 closed yesterday, so these will not show in your holdings now.

Once the allotment is done, you will get shares of the company and once they are listed on the exchange, they will show in your holdings.

2 Likes

today i claimed the rights and paid 13rs per share
i bought 59 shares of sepc-re1 for almost 450rs
and now i paid more 767rs for the rights (59*13)

what now??? i paid almost 1217rs what will happen now?? will i get back my 450rs or idk???

The amount you paid for purchasing the REs goes to the shareholder who sold you the shares. You won’t get this amount back.

You will now get the shares of the company. The tentative date for allotment 22nd December and listing date is 29th December.

1 Like

one more thing😅 i heard they are giving 1 share for 36 re share, and i bidded for 59 shares which means i should get 1.6 share but as its in decimal it will round off to 1 share…and i loss

now can i add more bid?? for 23 units which will give me 2 sepc-ltd share.