Everything you need to know about The South Indian Bank Limited Rights Issue

The South Indian Bank Limited (SOUTHBANK) has announced a rights issue of 5,231,85,254 equity shares aggregating up to Rs. 1,151.01 crores. The rights issue opens for subscription on March 06, 2024 and closes on March 20, 2024.

Anyone who holds shares of South Indian Bank Limited. as of February 27, 2024 (record date) will be eligible for receiving Rights Entitlements (REs). These REs will be temporarily traded on the stock exchanges and will then be extinguished. You can either use the REs to apply for the rights shares of the company or you can sell them in the market.

You can check the announcement from the company here.

You’ll be eligible to receive Rights Entitlements (REs) if you’ve purchased the shares on or before February 26, 2024, with the ex-date set for February 27, 2024. On the ex-date, Kite charts are adjusted for corporate actions such as bonuses, stock splits, rights issues, spin-offs, and extraordinary dividends. You can find more details here.

Rights issue details

Issue Period March 06, 2024 - March 20, 2024
RE Trading Period March 06, 2024 - March 14, 2024
RE Symbol SOUTH-RE-BE
Issue Price Rs. 22 per share
Ratio 1:4
EX-date February 27, 2024
Record Date February 27, 2024
Tentative Date of Allotment for rights shares April 05, 2024
Tentative Date of Credit of rights shares April 09, 2024
Tentative Date of Listing for rights shares April 12, 2024

How to apply for The South Indian Bank Limited Rights Issue?

Once you either receive the REs from the company or purchase them from the market, you can apply for the rights shares using the below methods;

You can check the application process here.

You will need to enter your Demat account’s Beneficiary Owner ID which is a 16-digit number while applying for the rights issue.

The option to apply for rights shares through the RTAs portal is not available for this rights issue.

What will happen to my purchased holding of RE shares if I do not apply for the rights issue?
Your REs will lapse and you will lose the premium paid to acquire them. The RE will be in the form of temporary demat securities which will lapse if not renounced/exercised once the trading window is closed.

I don’t have the shares but bought REs, am I still eligible to apply for the rights issue?
In case you have bought REs but don’t have shares, you’re still eligible for the rights issue. You may apply for the rights shares either through the RTA’s portal or via net banking ASBA if your bank allows it. If you don’t take any action, and let the REs remain in your Zerodha account, they will lapse after the issue.

You can read more FAQs on Rights Issue and Rights Entitlements here.

4 Likes

Issue period 06 March to 20 March is correct …SURELY RE TRADING PERIOD CAN NOT BE SAME . it has to be 15 or 18 March @nithin_kumrr

1 Like

Sorry, missed this. Thanks for pointing this out.

2 Likes

I have bought shares on 27.02, will I be in loss? I have bought them at 32.70?

RE listing period 06 to 14 march …issue closes 20 march

I have received around 250 Rights in my demat.
How does this work?

Can I simply sell these Rights on the market on monday? And how much would they sell for?

Also if I do not sell, will the Rights expire?
Also does the share price of the main South indian bank shares adjust down after the issue closes accounting for the rights issue?

What is the suggested line of action according to senior folks here?

1 Like

What you have received in demat is RIGHTS ENTITLEMENT (RE) . this must be acted upon Either to sell the same in market during 06 to 14 March Or applied for rights share during 06 to 20 March. if you apply you need to pay 22 per share through asba . you can apply more than 250 rights shares too . allotmnet of 250 is assured but very likley you will get 20-30% extra too if applied .any one action is must by you otherwise RE will be null and void after the schedule and you will suffer financial loss.
regulatory price adjustment took on 27.02.2024 being EX RIGHTS . no more adjustment after rights issue closer except market behavior driven .

1 Like

If I apply via ASBA it asks me to block 22rs per share. Then what happens to the RE in my demat account? I thought I get the shares for free if I have the REs. Why do I have to block 22 rs per share?

RE must be either sold in market by 14 March (present traded price is 7.60) or applied for share by paying 22 per share till 20 March . rights issue is not bonus which is automatic and without any extra money involvement from shareholder. rights issue is a rights of shareholder to APPLY &GET shares at some discount to traded price .

Can we block through kite app or should I block by logging in my bank account?

I received mail regarding rights issue but I am not seeing about this right issue on asba of SBI

my buying price is 33. now what to do? i will sell? pls suggest.

Broker has nothing to with application for rights issue . it has to be through bank asba .

2 Likes

May be still your bank has not updated otherwise rights issue is open . sometimes some banks do not make provision for online in some issues but only physical asba .

if you have bought before 27.02 you must have got RE in demat , your query is not clear . what you want to sell shares or RE ?

just used axis bank for RE application, it is listed there in IPO/RE and super easy process!

2 Likes

Hi, I have 2 demat accounts. Have 100 units of SOUTHBANK in each Demat account. I got 25 RE in each demat account. Can I apply 2 application 1 for each demat account for Right Issue through HDFC netbanking? Or should I apply only 1 RE application? I don’t see the number of right entitlement in HDFC net banking.

Please help to clarify.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @surestce

You have to make 2 applications since RTA checks the data as per the demat account during the allotment for number of REs held.

1 Like

Hi, I have 25 RE in my Demat account. If I want to apply for additional 25 shares, should i first buy 25 more RE’s or Can I directly apply for 50 in netbanking?

Hi All,
I got an allotment of 25 RE. Also, bought additional 1000 with 7.4 rs. I have three queries here:

1. For 25 - do I need to pay 22 each share and buy it using ASBA?
  2. For 1000 which I bought for 7.4 each share, do I need to pay again 22 for each share or will it be 22-7.4=14.6? Also, if I am not buying it, will my invested amount be zero?
  3. Can you please help me with the process how to do it in ASBA?