Everything you need to know about The South Indian Bank Limited Rights Issue

Bhai earlier bid cancel nai ho rhi hai.under process aa rha hai

@ShubhS9 Can i apply through different bank account?

My acocunt is linked with SBI, but sbi is throwing PAN not linked error. And it will take 3-5 days to update.

What is the solution?

If the account is in your name, you can apply. It doesn’t have to be linked to your trading account.

If the account isn’t in your name, then the only option is to submit an offline application.

I have bought REs shares through KITE, as zerodha suspended my trading is the shares what will happened to the amount Which I bought REs shares, will I get the shares added to my South Indian bank shares or the money is wasted ?
As today is the last day, let me know what I should do please

Hi @Parasuram_Pothiraj

What will happen to my purchased holding of RE shares if I do not apply for the rights issue?
Your REs will lapse and you will lose the premium paid to acquire them. The RE will be in the form of temporary demat securities which will lapse if not renounced/exercised once the trading window is closed.

Apply for the Rights issue by following the steps mentioned in the post above otherwise your REs will lapse

Sir, is RE share price after listing is same as main share price or it may be different.

The price will be the same as these shares will be listed under the current South Indian Bank symbol itself.

1 Like

By mistake I bought rights issues South Indian bank without being an existing shareholder, I am really tense, that I may lose that big amount, and the app message says exchange has accepted the offer, pls guide what should I do?! Is my money gone?

Even if you aren’t a shareholder of company, you can apply for in the rights issue. The allotment of shares depends on how many REs you hold, you will get allotment to the extent of REs held.

If you don’t hold any REs then allotment won’t be guaranteed, however if you don’t get allotment your funds will be refunded.

I missed this and now is in loss. I had 8000 SB share. Can anything be done now? I remember similar PNB rights issue were declared and I wasn’t even aware, somehow by chance I opened up my dashboard and saw these RE shares and came to know.

How can I avoid missing such things in future? I sparingly look at my portfolio. Is there a service where Zerodha can call me and inform me to take action. As it would be stupid to let Rights expire.

Once the rights issue window has closed, there’s nothing that you can do.

We send an email on your registered email ID when REs are listed on the exchange and before the suspension of REs.

1 Like

Got sms from bank towards deduction of amount for allocated shares.

1 Like

I got sms from CDSL mentioning rights issue stocks
FOR 19 SHARES - TEMPERORY ISIN AND CREDIT FOR SHARES IN LISTED ISIN OF THE SOUTH INDIAN BANK LIMITED ON 02/04/2024 ON RECEIPT OF TRADING APPROVAL.

But still it is not showing in upstox, can anyone give a reply on this?

Approved for trading and listing from 02 April 2024 . it is an issue with many brokers that they do not get the shares instantly same day on date of listing. you might have to wait by eod today .

1 Like