Everything You Need to Know About the Suzlon Energy Ltd. Rights Issue

hi…A i am a novice to trading…i need the process how to keep the RE shares of Suzlon those were credited to my DEMAT account as partly paid. what is the process to pay fully for these allotted shares in my demat. if iclick on Buy option, it is asking me the number of share to be bought. i have 2471 partly paid shares. do i have to enter 2471 as the number of shares to buy?? or what shall i do here.

thanks in advance

"If you continue holding partly-paid shares of Suzlon Evergy when the company makes a call for the balance payment, you will be liable to pay the balance sum. "

saw this text in your article above. That means, we get a notification from the company that one has to pay the remaining amount of the Partly paid RE shares?
and another confusion is> do we get this notification between 11th and 20th October?

please throw some light on this…thanks in advance

1 Like

I have done it through HDFC net banking. On the desktop website of your netbanking account login go to request section and in that you have a IPO and rights issue section. There you can bid. I have done it.

Hey Madhukar, Rights Entitlements (REs) are different from partly-paid shares.

You will have to use REs to apply for the rights issue, after that you will receive partly-paid shares. You can enter any number, more or less than the REs you hold, but best to apply to the extent of the REs you hold and not less, since once the rights issue closes, the REs will expire worthless and you will lose all the premium paid to purchase these.

Yes, you will get a notification from the company when it makes the call for the balance payment. This will not be between the 11th and 20th of October, it will be at later date (not known yet).

1 Like

Thank you Subhash…the shares that are in my demat are marked as “Suzlon Energy Ltd REs- EQ PP RE 1/-”

for this do i have to apply for the rights issue or these already Partly paid, and i have to wait for the company call to pay the remaining amount.

I apologize for stupid question.

RE are not share but only an entitlement valid for a very limited period . you have RE in your demat and these MUST BE used either to sell at nse/bse by 14 October or apply for partly paid share through ASBA from your bank by paying 2.50 per share on or before 20 October.
if you do not take any 1 action , RE will be null and void from 21 October.

2 Likes

RE are not share but only an entitlement valid for a very limited period . you have RE in your demat and these MUST BE used either to sell at nse/bse by 14 October or apply for partly paid share through ASBA from your bank by paying 2.50 per share max till 20 October.

Thank u Aniln

Hii Sir @ShubhS9

My friend received 28 Right issue shares in holding for Suzlon. Now he applied mistakenly 10000 Qty in ASBA net banking and also Rs 25000 fund deducted from bank. In this situation fund will be reversed or not? Kindly update it ASAP.

Hey Renish, he will receive a guaranteed allotment for 28 shares, for whatever additional quantity he has applied the allotment will depend on the issue subscription. If he doesn’t get the allotment, the amount will be refunded.

Okk Thank you so much,

1 Like

my purchase addtional quantity of 40000 not reflected yet so i am not able to sell it.

then what to do?

I am not able to sell in open market so now what to do for save the amount?

The RE trading window closed today. So you will not be able to sell the REs. To ensure you do not lose the amount paid for purchasing REs, you will have to apply for rights shares. You can check out the process above.

Thanks Adithya for sharing the process of HDFC. I was looking under Demat tab, however as you correctly mentioned, IPO section is under Accounts tab.

i guess , you have to use netbanking ASBA or submit application form as mentioned above and also reserve 40000x2.5 to save your 40K

i had the same question :slight_smile:

so the free allocated shares will be for 2.5 and the purchased shares on Zerodha will be 2.5+1.8? (these purchased once will be surely allocated?)

Hello Sir,
I have applied around the 5000 REs on 14th via Zerodha app; and did a bid for 5000 ASBA booking via Axis Bank;
now , should i still fill the application form and send to the RTA? or is it automatic?
do need to fill the Application for for 10000 shares or will i get another letter to apply?
Please clarify more on this scenario.

Regards

You had 5000 RE and bought additional 5000 REs, is it?

In this case you’ll have to cancel the ASBA application and make application for 10000 REs.

The shares will be alloted to you at Rs. 2.5 and that will be the average price. You will have to account for premium paid for purchasing REs seperately.