Exchange transaction charges

Hi there,
I had not observed in quite a while on charges levied on trading done then this happened I had a f&o loss of RS. 11589 after trading is closed so generally Max of 3 to 6 thousand additional charges such as STT Gst Ett used to get added to the loss same for profits as well. But to my surprise when I checked contract note a loss of Rs. 30611 was billed to my account of which 1160 was charged by zerodha as brokerage and Stt Rs 6492 and ETT Rs.7299 stamp duty 2466 this is beyond my comprehension the charges are twice the loss made and that to govt chrages fully disgusting and unbelievable is this charged correctly or ETt is beautifully levid by Modi govt apart form GSt And STt please advice and we should raise this issue with govt if GSt is implemented than why are you 3 charging poor retail traders only charge GSt or STt as per sologan one India one GSt Sir but here one contract note 3 times charges this is beyond dual taxation that without any benefits please raise this issue for traders community !!

Check out the zerodha brokerage and other charges.

https://zerodha.com/brokerage-calculator
https://zerodha.com/charges

Also STT and GST are two different taxes ,applied on different things. STT is charged on contract value of the traded product , while GST is charged on the brokerage and exchange Transaction charges.

So if you overtrade in Futures segment, even with a small amount, the charges could be very high, especially the STT and Stamp duty( unless you are from those states which have a cap on stamp duty).

So always estimate the charges that’ll be incurred on trade before entering into it.

2 Likes

ETT - exchange transaction charges is charged by exchange -NSE/BSE not by the government.

GST portion is very less. STT hurts us the most (but it was charged by earlier govts as well)

Yes government should lower down the stt at least for retailers

2 Likes

Thanks bro understood if you could please put the list of state with less cost of carry trading would be great as I have account with Bangalore address but I have relatives in Delhi Patna Kolkata Indore so lot of options !!

Thanks bro understood if you could please put the list of state with less cost of carry trading would be great as I have account with Bangalore address but I have relatives in Delhi Patna Kolkata Indore so lot of options to change address as done with Bangalore to costly full of pollution and holy belndur lake with red colour water to good for allergies facilitation !!

How much it turn out NET (including all expenses ) in % , for Delivery based transactions and intra day transaction ? please guide. …?

Thanks bro what about ETT where to check that as per list AP has lowest max 50 RS per day stamp duty for all segment so that means it will have low ETt as well that’s sad one country still to much difference

ETT is same for all states

Hi anyone from Andra Pradesh please check your contract note if you trade F&o check the stamp duty chrged as per calculator it’s .005 percent or max 50 RS per day irespective of turnover done it should be RS 50 that will save lot of cost??