Expiry Game of Bank Nifty & Nifty

Agreed bro but this problem is for zerodha only… There r buyers and sellers of otm options but from last couple of weeks wee can’t buy even 200 points otm strike because of this LTP rule…
Last wed I tried so much to buy 25100 puts when spot above 25350 but because of this rule not been able to buy… Even yesterday I was sure that Monday it will be a big gap down on bank nifty and try to buy 24500 puts but failed …
I searched in varisity about this problem and only find the solution is to switch over broker because zerodha is now 3rd largest broker in term of client so all the otm strike get full in opening 30 min of session … Because of this 15% contract rule…

1 Like

because zerodha clients are more active in BN :smile:
for me hedging is a problem …

there is no way SEBI will chage their rules …

icici is the biggest , but i doubt their clients are actively trading options because of their brokerage…
only option is other discount brokers …

1 Like

Bro so we have to chose small brokers with less clints and brokerage :smile: I will open with 5paisa or finvasia … Already started searching … :wink:

1 Like

problem is small brokers are unreliable… bigger brokers have thier own issues like this
icici site load wont load during peak hours as well

1 Like

Bro do you have experience of brokers other than zerodha??? If yes than how is the exp???

Networth - worst … subbroker , almost gone bankrupt
Icici - worst
Sharekhan - bad
Anand rathi - good … But heavy brokerage
Reliance - first broker i am happy with
Zerodha - good … Fits my need

2 Likes

Try upstoxx they are also growing but not that much.

1 Like

I think 5paisa would be a good alternative to trade BN options. They are the discount brokerage arm of IIFL (Indiainfoline, an old brokerage house existing since a long time and they are listed on NSE too and their stock price is growing too, so seems profitable and stable) so money should be safe as it’s owner(Nirmal Jain) is same to that of IIFL.

2 Likes

5paisa platform is average but yes Bank Nifty Options order execution is smooth even for far OTM options. IIFL is indeed a long time broker.

1 Like

Bro do you have trading experience with 5paisa?? Actually I had searched about it online and get through some horrible reviews of some users…
Don’t know it they r genuine or not… If you have experience would you please share how is the trading platforms and charts freeze problems. And most important how is its mobile platform?? As I can only trade with mobile… :slight_smile:

Here are my two cents for BNF futures on weekly expiry day.

1. Wait till 11/12 or till the time, you now know that support and resistance are now in place ( i use 15 min candles and volume chart)
  2. Mark the supply and resistance zones.
  3. Now buy at the demand zone with a stop below low of the day and sell before resistance. Reverse.
  4. The assumption here is that in most of the expiries we expect market to be range bound(75%). If your stop is taken out with volunes, wait and reconsider your assumption of market being range bound and prepare for a directional move(25%).
  5. This is only suggested for experienced full time day traders.
  6. Feel free to pm me if you need to add something or discuss.
1 Like

Bro is this strategy for bn future or options???..
I doubt because demand and supply strategy may not fruitful on exipry day … But yes it is profitable on Friday , Monday and Tuesday… Reason is on expiry day for eg . spot at 25100 at 10 am and suppose it is at demand zone and expecting a up move till 25250 … I bought 25200 CE at 25 rs but it move slowly to 25050 at 11 am as it is expiry day and no movement in first 3 hours… So my experience is despite bn moves in your direction premium get eroded by 3 to 5 rs…
Correct me if I am wrong…
@newguy @VelmuruganSengottai bro can you please give comments on @Dhruv_JC bro strategy… Thanks… :slight_smile:

This is for Futures only.

1 Like

completely agree with you bro…
resistance and support wont work on expiry day ( i follow maxpain on expiry day for last 30min trade , but frankly all it takes is 15/20mins to completely reduce the OI from 15L levels to 2L levels for any option strike )

check my previous post … buying ATM options and selling OTM options will work well because OTM time decay is far higher than ATM …
like if BN is at 25500 , buy arnd 1 to 1.30pm … 25500 call and put for 90-100pts and sell 25600 ce and 25400 pe for 50points ( if 25500 pe +ce is 120pts , then 25600 ce + 25400 pe will be 65pts app ) …

we will lose max 5-6 points even if index doesnt move … best case we can pocket 25-30 points …
this is only for higher quanity like 25 and above lots

1 Like

Bro should we buy and sell in equal quantity as per your strategy??? And how much capital per lot??

please send the link or app

Hi , i am new to options and trying to learn from everyone. If i write deep otm puts and let it expire, i get to keep the premiums right? But wud i need to pay hefty stt for that?

Thanks in advance.

No bro as a seller you have already paid the stt while selling so no need to pay … But it is adviced to cover all open position before 3 30 pm on expiry…

Today strange things happen… Able to buy far otm option… Going home with truck load of 25500 call expecting a gap up in bank nifty followed by short covering in later half… As today profit booking seen in IT index and hdfc kept low …despite avg result If indusland bank can rally then with above avg results hdfc can easily push bank nifty to 25500+ in coming session … Hoping for the Best… :smile: :smile:

4 Likes

Happy to track this post guys, please keep it going. It will help the whole lot of fellow traders.