F&O activation regarding

I have zerodha account and only equity segment is activated. I want to activate f&o segment. I am student, hence no salary, no itr, no form 16 but I am having bank balance of 1lakh. Can I attach the bank statement with 1 Lakh as balance for activating f&o?? I need help urgently.

Thank you

U need to submit 6 months bank statement. U can check this in zerodhas support portal.

I know but it’s like a account with no income but just balance of 1 Lakh that I want to know. Would it work?

Hello,
I also face same problem like you,
Then i notice there is an easy option to give income proof (for all student and unemployed persons)
It is (Demat Statement of holding)
What you have to do is make Investment,
Buy any companies share and keep it in your demat,
After that go to CDSL website and register for (easi) with your bo id,
Then when you loggin to website, you have an option to save and download (statement of holding) as PDF From CDSL, Which will have info regarding your share holding pattern like companies name, quantity etc

You have to download the pdf and attach it in demat holding statement form of income proof.
That’s all your F&O segment will activate.

You can give Demat statement of holding as income proof in zerodha.
happy trading

2 Likes

Is there any minimum amount for which the investment is needed. Can I buy shares worth of say 10k and show it as income proof?

Its better if you buy shares worth 50k and above and show it as income proof.

Is it necessary to buy worth 50k thats a whopping amount for student who is beginner in stock market and trading , i have a Holding of 10 Shares worth 1k ,can i use this as holding statement and apply FNO activation ?

Help me , i have posted it as query as well !

@siva can you

You can just share the 6 month bank statement with Zerodha and they will activate FNO. They don’t care what’s inside the bank statement, it’s just for compliance, in fact they stand to lose if they don’t activate FNO for you, they get brokerage from FNO only not from equity delivery. So brokers and Zerodha included just ask for the statement, ignore it’s contents, and just activate FNO forr the client, that’s it.

If regulatory bodies were really interested in safeguarding small investors, they would make it mandatory for a client to have a minimum fixed amount of money with them for trading FNO rather than just asking for 6 month statement with no mention of minimum amount required as balance. Why? Because the 6 months bank statement requirement is just an eyewash, no one cares, the brokers are happy

5 Likes

Bro I just opened a bank account, my account is 2 days old. How can I get 6 months bank statement then ?

@Amaanullah_Bhatti Do you want open new account online or activate F & O segment

Open a new account with FnO activated

Would like to know how to activate F&O TRADING on my zerodha account what is the procedure?

You can activate F&O by logging into Console, to know the process in detail you can read this support article.

Is it possible to check if F&O option is activated on my zerodha account?

On Kite you can go to ‘My Profile’, under Account section you can check the Active segments.

I opened my zerodha with saving account. I do whole work from my current account, so saving account is no use. Also I don’t have balance in saving, no salary transaction. I just use my saving account for my bill recharge or online payment.
So this will work to activating my FNO.

You can use the same. You just have to submit 6 months bank statement. Alternatively, you can also submit your holdings statement by checking the “Use my holdings statement as income proof” box on the segment activation page.

1 Like

I don’t have any holding

Also I have submitted my last 6 months statement(saving account) which have transaction but no balance.
So they will activate my FNO segment?
I tried uploading current account statement but they rejected.