Feature Request: Allow collapsing watchlist pane on Kite web?

Can the watchlist pane on Kite web be collapsed to allow more space for the holdings pane, charting pane etc?

Previously requested here.

The above topic-thread also contains an approach with custom CSS that one can already use personally to avoid wasting the whitespace on either side of screen.

thanks but when will Zerodha provide the same out of the box? Is it too much to ask for? @nithin

hmmm… not sure.

@tradingops_z + +

This has previously been discussed here. To look proper on a large screen, each page must be significantly redesigned; otherwise, we will see too much empty screen except for the chart. It requires time to handle it.

Well the empty space is a bonus! You should think of allowing users to customise the holding table, by adding/removing more colums.

For example there can be new column “Target Price” which the user can set and when the target price is hit it can be shown in green, so that the user can take decision to book!

Similarly a “Stop Loss” column can be provided!

The Kite UI has become old now, time for it have some new features! @nithin

It’s not just about the holding page; all pages, including the dashboard, order book, etc., need to undergo a revamp. Significant changes are required for all pages except the chart. I would like to gently point out that the proportion of clients using larger screens is comparatively modest. We understand the importance of catering to their needs. Our team is actively working on revamping different parts of the Kite platform, and we will make efforts to address this concern during the process. If implementing enhancements in the pop-out chart can benefit clients with bigger monitors, we may consider exploring that possibility. We will engage in further discussions to evaluate and discuss the best way forward.

I guess I seriously need to think about moving my stuff to Groww or some place else… :frowning: