Feature request: console Portfolio: tag wise allocation and percentage breakdown

Hi

Is there a way to use tags to analyze the portfolio breakdown ?

For example, if I have these Symbols:
HDFC Gold MF tagged with gold = 10 ₹
SGB listed tagged with gold = 10 ₹
HDFC liquid fund tagged with debt = 20 ₹
Motilal oswal index fund tagged with equity = 60 ₹

So there should be a pie chart or a table which shows that gold allocation is 20 %, debt is 20% and equity is 40%

Currently the analysis pie charts are not very helpful when it comes down to

• Arbitrage: It shows hedged exposure as unhedged equity also which needlessly increases the weight of listings like HDFC or SBI or Reliance because arbitrage also invests there.

• Debt index funds: they’re counted in equity MF also and I can’t see the % of debt in my portfolio

• Equity savings funds: Same problem as arbitrage: the hedged part is not accounted for

If people themselves can tag their funds and you can show the allocation, we don’t need zerodha to classify the funds correctly

@Zerodha-Staff @moderators CC

Console asset categorisation donut shows `Equity, Debt, Gold, Equity-MF & Debt-MF`. I am unsure what youre looking for. Could you please DM your client ID? We'll reach out for more details.

In the screenshot I attached, there’s a debt index fund in my portfolio but in the pie chart, there’s no debt percentage.

But If I can tag it and you can show the breakdown of selected tags in % value, then this problem is solved.

Gold equity and gold MF is treated differently. But if tag allocation is shown, I’ll see 100 % hdfc-gold only

Also The intent of investing in an item can be different than just equity or debt classification.

For example,

20 % equity arbitrage tagged with safe
10 % Bharat bond ETF tagged with safe
70 % nifty index fund tagged with unsafe

Now the zerodha donut might show 100 % equity but my intent is wanting to see 30 % safe and 70 % unsafe in pie chart or a table

We’re working on some improvements related to Console Tags, including this. We’ll keep you posted.

1 Like