Feature Request for Coin

So when user is at a fund’s page (eg: https://coin.zerodha.com/funds/14057755.002066) he/she sees two buttons “Buy Direct” & “Direct SIP”, If he/she clicks the “Buy Direct” button he/she gets to place a one-off order and if he/she clicks the “Direct SIP” button he/she gets to choose the SIP frequency to place weekly/monthly… orders.

I had started a SIP using the “Direct SIP” button for one of the funds and later after some research, I wanted to invest in one more fund but this time I by mistake bought it via the “Buy Direct” button and when I realised this I checked with the support and they told me I will have to place a new order using the “Direct SIP” button to start a SIP for the same fund.

After understanding this I now started a SIP in the same fund using the “Direct SIP” button but now my first order won’t be counted as an instalment.

Firstly, I think this “Conversion to SIP” experience could be improved a little bit and user should be allowed to modify the one-off order directly in the “Portfolio” section of the Coin Dashboard to convert it to a SIP.

Secondly, for now, I think Coin should have a “Count as an Installment” button in the order history for the one-off order which was not placed using the “Direct SIP” button.

I hope this sounds like a valid feature request.

@faisr , @nithin , @Karthik , @BharatW Any thoughts on this?

P.S: I have many such feature requests and I am a software engineer looking for entry-level roles in product management, please let me know if you are looking for someone like me :wink:

1 Like

How is a “SIP installment” different than a one off purchase?

Good question, it’s not at all different especially on Coin because all the orders go as Lumpsum via coin. The only difference comes is while tracking the instalments. I have attached 2 screenshots which show the above-mentioned scenarios, I have 2 funds in portfolio one of them bought with the “Direct SIP” button and One bought with the “Buy Direct” button, and later I Clicked the Direct SIP button for the fund which was not bought as SIP and started a SIP from the coming month because I had no option to modify my one-off order as an installment to the regular SIP.