[Feature Request] Separate PnL report for Futures & Options

Hi,

Console at present shows a combined P&L report for Futures & Options. I know that Tax P&L has separate overall reporting but it is on a quarterly basis.

On day to day basis P&L reports come handy to check your trades/profit and at present it shows a combined P&L report for Futures & Options for any given period.

Also, since STT/Exchange fees etc are drastically different for the two instrument types, it is very difficult to evaluate weekly/monthly profit per instrument.

Can Console also have a filter to segregate P&L report for Futures & Options?

I am sure many more F&O traders would have felt this need. They can add their experience in this thread.

Request @nithin & the Zerodha team to please evaluate this request seriously.

Thank you.

1 Like

@Nakul

@Nakul / @nithin - Can someone please reply?

I didn’t really get the use case you are explaining. We provide 3 P&L types: combined (P&L including both closed and open positions), realised (P&L of all your closed positions), and unrealised (P&L of all your open positions). If you want to check the P&L for your closed positions only, you can just generate the Realised P&L.

If you want to segregate the P&L of your transactions in futures from your transaction in options, you can just download the P&L and filter out only futures or options in excel. We’ll soon be adding the scrip wise charges as well in the P&L. You won’t have to compute the charges for it either way.

2 Likes

@Nakul - Thanks for your revert.

Didn’t realize I can segregate P&L for Futures & Options by downloading excel. I was looking for it in the UI itself where we see a combined report. Thanks for highlighting this.

Yes, if you can add charges also in excel, we can precisely calculate Net Realized P&L for Futures & Options separately.

1 Like