Few Enhancement in Zerodha

Dear Mr. Nithin Kamath,

I hope this email finds you well. First and foremost, I would like to commend Zerodha for the excellent trading platform and services you provide to traders like myself. The user-friendly interface and transparent pricing have truly transformed the way we participate in the financial markets.

I am writing to you today with some suggestions for enhancements that can further reduce the mental stress experienced by traders using your platform. These suggestions aim to streamline processes, improve efficiency, and provide a more seamless trading experience. I believe implementing these changes will greatly benefit the trading community. Let me outline each suggestion below:

Option to Specify Stop Loss and Target Value (not percent) while placing normal Orders:
Currently, traders need to constantly monitor their trades and manually cancel orders if one is fulfilled. It would be highly beneficial if we could set stop loss and target values in absolute terms (not just percentages) when placing an order. Furthermore, incorporating these options into OCO (One Cancels the Other) orders would automate the process, reducing the need for constant monitoring.

Integration of Mutual Funds and Other Investments from Coin App into Kite Platform:
To facilitate a holistic view of our investments, it would be immensely helpful if the Kite platform could display information about mutual funds and other investments made through the Coin app. Having all investment details in one place would simplify tracking and analysis, thereby reducing tracking at multiple places.

Display Margin Utilization for Individual Positions in Options Selling:
For traders involved in options selling, it would be advantageous to have a breakdown of the margin utilized for each individual position. This feature would allow us to have a better understanding of our risk exposure and make informed decisions, ultimately reducing mental stress associated with margin management.

Ability to Close Long-Term Option Contracts When Counterparty is Available:
Currently, some traders face difficulties in closing long-term option contracts, even if the counterparty is available at the desired price. It would be greatly appreciated if the system could address this issue, enabling traders to efficiently manage their positions and exit them when necessary. Additionally, ensuring that the Good Till Triggered (GTT) functionality works for such contracts would further enhance the trading experience.
Eg: This trade:
image.png

Treating Different Orders as Separate Entities, Even with the Same Instrument with multiple orders in same day (Considering one position is closed and fresh position taken)
In certain scenarios, traders may need to place multiple orders for the same instrument in single day. However, the current system may treat these orders as a single entity, leading to confusion and potential complications. By treating each order as a distinct entity, even if it involves the same instrument, traders can better manage their positions and avoid mental stress arising from order management complexities. May be option can be given to ask for merge or treat at new.

Introduction of GTT-OCO Orders in Commodity Trading:
Extending the Good Till Triggered (GTT) functionality to OCO (One Cancels the Other) orders in commodity trading would be a valuable addition. This feature would empower commodity traders to predefine entry and exit points, automatically placing orders based on their trigger conditions. Such automation would reduce mental stress by eliminating the need for continuous monitoring and manual intervention.

Transfer of funds and Positions from one account to another account
I currently hold two separate accounts with Zerodha, and I would like to merge them into a single account for better management and convenience.

Account Consolidation:
Currently, there is no way to merge or transfer securities/F&O positions/ Funds from one account to another. By consolidating these accounts, I aim to streamline my trading activities and have a unified view of my investments.

Mutual Fund Transfer from Groww:
Additionally, I have investments in mutual funds through the Groww platform, which I would like to transfer to my Zerodha account. I understand that Groww does not store mutual funds in demat form, which may pose a challenge for the transfer. Therefore, I kindly request the support of your team in facilitating the transfer of these mutual funds from my Groww account to my Zerodha account. I am willing to provide any necessary information or complete any required documentation to initiate this process.

I believe that incorporating these enhancements into the Zerodha system would significantly alleviate mental stress and enhance the overall trading experience for your clients. I am confident that your team possesses the technical expertise to implement these changes effectively.

Thank you & I greatly appreciate your commitment to improving the trading ecosystem, and I look forward to witnessing Zerodha’s continued growth and success.

If required, you or your team can connect me at the below given number.
If proper BRD is required for these, I can facilitate that as well.

Thanks
Amit

1 Like

This is currently not possible the way you are expecting due to a dependency on a vendor for our execution management systems (EMS). But we can do this once we go live with our in-house EMS

The way we have thought about it is that Console is the reporting platform where you can track everything. Sine we have a lot of features on Console, it is impossible to add all of them to Kite without slowing it down.

Do check out https://console.zerodha.com/

Margin is charged on a portfolio and not on individual positions. This is how SPAN margin works. So not possible to show the margin per position.

@Arockiya_Raja @MohammedFaisal what is the issue with GTT for long dated options?

Ah, this isn’t possible. All orders per instrument get combined, there is no way to keep them distinct.

@Arockiya_Raja @MohammedFaisal why haven’t we enabled this?

Regulations don’t allow us to do this. You will have to close positions, withdraw funds, transfer the money to your other account and take fresh positions.

@Neelesh can you explain?

Cheers,

2 Likes

Hi, @ZTrader1 since Groww doesn’t store mutual funds in demat form, we’ll need to convert them into dematerialized form before transferring them to Zerodha.

Dematerialization is the process of converting mutual funds from a physical or online form into a demat account. You can find detailed instructions on how to dematerialize your units in the support article below.

Please note before placing the dematerialization request you need to stop any active STP, SWP or SIP in the ISIN. The dematerialization process usually takes up to 25 days for the RTA (Registrar and Transfer Agent) to complete and credit the units to your CDSL demat account with Zerodha. Once the units are credited, you will be able to see them on Console.

When the units are credited to the demat account, an SMS and email are sent, and there will be a price discrepancy on Coin. To fix the discrepancy, the original purchase price must be entered into Console and you will be able to check and track the units with the actual purchase date. In case you have more than 100 transactions, you can share a statement with us, and we will take care of getting the transactions updated from the backend.

If you have any ELSS schemes in your portfolio, please keep in mind that for dematerializing ELSS schemes, you’ll need to courier 2 Demat Request Forms along with 1 annexure for each mutual fund investment, ISIN, or folio. Zerodha will generate a DRN (Demat Request Number) for each purchase date.

If you need any further assistance or have any additional questions, feel free to let me know.

2 Likes

My ask is that after a position is closed, it should be removed from console and if we take new position then it should be shown fresh. Currently, if we do sell/Buy and again re-enter the trade then it combines and shows till day end but from next day, it shows correctly.

1 Like

Haven’t received any revert on this. I have a long dated contract which I am unable to close inspite of having a buyer available for it. Instrument - NIFTY 26DEEC 17000 PE

Any timelines for this? This will be for sure a game changer for traders who know the stoploss and Target before entering the trade.

1 Like

Thanks. This helps. Does this need any document from Groww to transfer the same? Also, do we have any online process for this ?

Hi, nope, you wont require any doc from Groww. Unfortunately there is no online process to do it as of now. Physical forms are mandatory for compliance and exchanges process.

Can’t really state the timelines yet.

If a buyer is present when you place a sell order, the transaction should proceed without any problem. To better assist you, kindly provide more details, such as any error message that you encounter, or send your client ID via a direct message. Our team will then reach out to you to address your concerns.

I have one requirement from my side, Currently If we place any limit order it shows in the chart, similarly is it possible for open positions also to show on the chart.

P.S : Though there are other factors, the major reason Zerodha is my broker is because of its plain and simple UI, It helps for easy analysis and trading, especially placing orders. Whatever Enhancement you make in the future, please always keep the UI simple and don’t make it complex.

Have you checked the Trade Panel feature on Kite charts where you can track orders and positions? This is only on Web though.

1 Like

No I am not asking about trade from chart. I have placed a buy order at 75 it shows in the chart.

I am asking about the positions already open without placing any order, is it possible to show on chart.

If you pop out the chart, you see a trade panel on the left top of the chart.

Click on that, and you will see overall positions and market depth.

@MohammedFaisal @Arockiya_Raja

Maybe we should speak to Tech and figure out a way to show the positions of the scrip on any available chart by default.

3 Likes

Thanks for the response. This is what I was expecting, without opening the order window if it shows its good.

This is likely to be implemented in the upcoming TV update that is currently in development. We will check for the ChartIQ implementation.

We have added this on our list of things to do.

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

@nithin would it be possible to have feature of 2 order windows at a time. Most of traders usually roll the strikes by closing a position and immediately opening other. Have 2 order windows will ease the execution part.

Making a basket order on Z is cumbersome when dealing with large number of orders daily.

1 Like

@Arockiya_Raja one more small suggestion from my side. If possible in setting add an option to keep the display on, in Kite mobile application.