Form16 by the companies who deducted TDS on the dividend

I would like to know by which date the companies provide their shareholders with the Form16 for the TDS deducted by them on the dividend which is distributed to the shareholders.

Are there any timelines for the companies to do this activity?
What to do if I do not receive the Form16 or if I have missed it?

Furthermore, I received dividend of Rs.12000/- from Vedanta(10% TDS deducted on Rs.12000) but it still does not reflect in my AIS/TIS portal in Income Tax Website. For other companies, it shows up. I am not sure why it is not showing up. I also received this certificate only from Coal India until now.

1 Like

Dont you get the 26AS from Traces. It shows all the TDS deducted under your Pancard Number. Just check on this.

Are you referring to this dividend.
Board of Directors of the Company declared the Fifth Interim Dividend for the Financial Year 2022-23 on March 28, 2023 @ Rs. 20.50 i.e., 2050% per equity share on the face value of Re.1/- each. The Record Date fixed for purpose of payment was Friday, April 07, 2023

If so this was credited only on 17.04.2023. So you may not find it last year AIS.

1 Like

I have not looked into the 26AS yet but I will look into it.

I was speaking of Interim 1 dividend Ex Date May 6, 2022. After this I have already sold all my stock holdings of VEDL.

It is reflecting in the Form26AS. But last quarter updates are still not available.

This was received to the bank on 8th August 22 and same is shown in 26AS with a date of 9th August.

Hello,

I have a query regarding this if you could kindly help me :

Board of Directors of the Company declared the Fifth Interim Dividend for the Financial Year 2022-23 on March 28, 2023 @ Rs. 20.50 i.e., 2050% per equity share on the face value of Re.1/- each. The Record Date fixed for purpose of payment was Friday, April 07, 2023

The TDS for this dividend is not showing in my Form 26AS, although I have received this dividend with TDS deduction. Remaining TDS of other dividend is showing.

Checked today 7 June 2023.

Please let me know if this will reflect in AY 23-24 or AY 24-25

My CA who files my ITR advised me that he cannot process the same because the 4th quarter TDS data is not yet reflecting in 26AS. If jan23 to mar 23 data is still not uploaded, I think you need to wait a little longer for April 2023 data to be updated in 26AS

This individual item will get reflected in 23-24

2 Likes

Last date to file tds returns for companies was May 31st May. After that it usually takes 7 days for 26AS to get updated. So you can expect it to be reflected this week.