Franklin MF shutting Funds

What about liquidbees. I assume they still are safe.

You’re correct ,
The first time i saw the article i laugh
And said how can someone predict the future of a virus so accurate?
Then i was reading closely and found the quote related to stock market that ,

"By 2020, we’ll see the end of IRAs, mutual funds, pension, and retirement plans, and yes, it’s true, the stock market,” it says.

But now the franklin liquid fund shutting down announcement from amc ,
I posted the article here :sweat_smile:
Cant say anything above
For all the other things she posted and predicted we are still in april month of 2020 cant say anything :zipper_mouth_face: :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Do you remember 2012 projections😤

So you still believe that stock markets will end in 2020?

No :joy::pray:
But still cant say😅

1 Like

God grace - i withdraw money from franklin liquid fund friday , today is credited full money , thanks god , i seen his franklin liquid fund cash value is - 499 cr , i expect this fund also will collapse , the fund asset in january is 22k crore now is only 6k crore , what a panic in debt

now really i dont know where we can keep cash

Bank is really not safe - because Govt itself trying to collect money from people
other amc let think in overnight

RBI now steps in to announce Rs 50,000 Cr liquidity for Mutual Funds.

If you have a PPF account etc where 15 year lock-in period will end in a year or two, you can park 1.5 lakh there. I know PPF interest rates are down too (currently 7.1%) but at least the fund is safe and tax free interest (EEE Tax Exemptions).

Also, Post office savings account don’t fall under RBI control, and it directly comes under Govt of India so it has a sovereign guarantee. Interest rates are 4% but at least fund would be safe. Time deposit (similar to bank FD) in a post office for a year gives 5.5% interest rate.

1 Like

Liquid funds invest in securities which have a maturity period of 3 months. Given the short duration of maturity we can assume liquid funds are relatively safe.

yes of course ,i believe ,

you see Franklin portfolio , they gone through aggressively in the portfolio ,Franklin not invested in SOV they just invested in only one category , all Franklin debt fund took portfolio aggressively , so i skip Franklin

in liquid hdfc and icici , birla are good

You are right… there is no exposure to GOI backed securities.

Source:
Review of Risk Management Framework of Liquid Funds, Investment Norms and Valuation of Money Market and Debt Securities by Mutual Funds

3.4.1 Minimum investments in liquid instruments: In order to deal with sudden unplanned redemptions in liquid schemes, MFAC has recommended investing a minimum % of AUM in ‘liquid instruments’. Cash, Government securities, T-bills and Repo on G-Securities are considered as ‘liquid instruments’. Towards this end, MFAC observed that in a stress scenario, the average net redemption in liquid schemes is approx. 19% and the average investments of Top 5 investors in schemes is approx. 20%.

Recommendation: In view of the above, MFAC has recommended that liquid scheme should invest at least 20% of its net assets in liquid instruments. Cash, Government Securities, T-bills and Repo on G-Securities may be considered as Liquid instruments. In case if the minimum investment in such liquid instrument falls below the above threshold, additional investments by the scheme should first be made towards meeting the shortfall for investments in such liquid

1 Like

I really wish Zerodha enables providing margin against T-Bills and GOI long term bonds. My capital will be much safer in the hands of the government and can stop worrying which liquid / debt is better.

1 Like

Hey, can you please check and share the underlying breakup of Quantum Liquid Fund? Coin – Zerodha

Need to know how true is the statement:-

no wait…let chech its only holding 3 scrip its not good @rupeshmandal

There is a structural problem with credit funds. Open ended credit focussed debt funds in illiquid market like India will inevitably run into issues.

what does that mean ? will the RBI give that money to the fund houses for the investments ?

No free lunch , RBI is keep aside 50 k crore those troubled mutual fund can borrow the money with nominal intrest rate for particular time

That seems off. This is the actual portfolio of Quantum Liquid

@rupeshmandal

1 Like

It’s allowed colleterial in zerodha @Bhuvan

Will look into it