Franklin MF shutting Funds

Agree. It’s high time Zerodha allows traders to plege Gsecs and GOI Bonds.

If Stock Market’s too are going to go bust then human race is well and truly going to go extinct.

@vishnux, after placing the unpledge and redeem request on same day, how much time did it take for the money to get deposited in your account?

I did on friday , Just got released today…

1 Like

How are these Funds declaring daily NAVs when they are not traded. They can simply bring down the NAVs and say that we paid to the investors whatever we owned them. Can this be reported to SEBI.

Nothing wrong here. The underlying bonds haven’t defaulted and the interest keeps getting accrued which will be marked in the NAV.

Thanks Bhuvanesh, but how is the NAV coming down, it has come down by about 1% in the past 2 days. Have the bond yields come down by 1% in last 2 days.

It’s not like the bond market has completely shut down. There will be trades, if not they have to value the bonds according to their/AMFI/SEBI prescribed models, which shows up in the NAV.

1 Like

Can they be questioned if they keep bringing down the NAV ?

There’s nothing wrong with it :slight_smile: That’s how it works, but you can try writing to them.

1 Like

:slight_smile:I am trying to ask now that they have closed the funds what are the chances that they will not manipulate the NAV to cut down their losses and pass it on to the investors.

You can turn anything into a conspiracy theory if you want. These are regulated entities with trustees to oversee and with strict regulations. It’s not as easy as you are thinking. AMCs are some of the most regulated financial entities.

1 Like

I would take that with a pinch of salt. If the NAV keeps coming down, as a investor these regulations will be of no help to me.

This is the time frame to take to reedem the fund to investor

Franklin distribute the invester fund on the following intervals

1 Like

@Bhuvan The T-Bill yields have decreased a lot in the past few weeks. And Quantum Liquid Fund has total 46.98% T-Bills

Source: RBI website.

so “Liquidbees” will yield only 4% annual returnsnow?