Freak trades in F&O after the removal of execution range

Currently how you do it?

@siva

manually , I set alerts on sensibull and sentinel and when my P&L goes below a threshold I square off my trades.

But I Donā€™t know how I could do it if there is a freak trade happening in milliseconds , it just leaves everyone at the mercy of HFT firms.

Why did the Upper circuit limit did not work in the option freak trade?

Does the circuit limit only work in future stocks, and are useless in options?

Sorry but I cannot find an explanation above, to why circuit limit did not work. Thank you

Is Zerodha have any primum plans ?

Nope.

@siva @nithin Today also freak trade happened in 37100PE, price went to 1903 at 10:30 am, Kindly let us know if zerodha handling this to some extent as u have access to full market depth, option chain, and how soon that change will be live. This is very scary and you seem to be our last hope, otherwise I might have to stop trading.

2 Likes

Only option is to avoid placing market orders, let it be normal market or stoploss market. All those prices are for SLm orders.

@siva first of all its really appreciating that u have replied to almost every query. After freak trade scares, its first time I have seen anybody doing this on any platform.
Before I post my query pls let me know r u a representative of zerodha ? BCZ u saying so confidently that zerodha wonā€™t square off needs some credibility . :slight_smile:
I have read all above comments and replies ,I m sorry if my query repeats something, bcz I dint find solution.
I am a CA & a lawyer & current FTs have taken away my faith from this system.( Like everything else in this country ).

Pls reply :
I am a positional trader ,I sell stock options & hedge them. I hold them till expiry. I donā€™t do intradayMis neither I put SL(of any kind). Bcz keeping SL will cause force exit.
Q.1- So I think freak trades wonā€™t affect me bcz I m not keeping SL. Am I right ?

But,ā€¦ hereā€™s when a broker becoms all the more important. Letā€™s say I sold PNB 40PE 30th sept at 3.6 RS -5 lots , & hedge it with buying a PNB 35PE at 0.70 Re 30th sept & a freak trade happens in 40PE position only.
As we have seen there is no limit to freak trade so this PE price may even go FROM 3.6 to 25 or 30 OR even more !!! So for a second my account will show a loss of 15-20 lakhs or more !!!
Q.2 - Even though i have hedged it & I donā€™t want to keep SL & want to carry this position till expiry ,will zerodha square off my position ?? Just bcz of few seconds ? As price will come back to normal after few seconds !!
Q.3- Will I get alert to deposit differential margin ? How much time I will get to deposit it ?

I ask this question bcz in zerodha policies itā€™s written that itā€™s RMS team can sqaure off postion at their DESCRITION. Which is unfair & violation of Bombay High court order, NSE ARBITRATIOn Appeal panel order ,& SEBI regulations which says atleast one day has to be given to client to deposit differential margin.

Pls reply. I donā€™t have any logical response so far from zerodha support team .

2 Likes

Right.

No, we donā€™t square off because of this.

As mentioned above for freak trades you are covered, RMS wonā€™t sq off. But for normal cases when there is shortfall RMS can square off anytime at their discretion. Normally before 3 they sq off only if one looses 50% or above of required. After 3 they need to close to save clients from peak margin penalty.

@siva thanx a lot for prompt reply. R u a representative of zerodha ? What position u hold ? Pls donā€™t mind this is just for the sake of relying on your reply . :slight_smile: U used word ā€˜weā€™ ā€¦so it implies u r from zerodha team. But what position ?

1 Like

@siva: I have a question for a scenario similar to this.

Question 1:
For example, if I have a naked short position on RELIANCE 1800 PE, will margin requirement [Span + exposure] increase when underlying Reliance share falls a lot or when RELIANCE 1800 PE option price increases a lot?

Asking this even though usually, both coincide.

Question 2:
But for freak trades or even illiquid trades during last 2 days of expiry, will RMS team take action
if

1. MTM losses in 1800 PE contract increase a lot even when Reliance stays stable around 2200
  2. Reliance drops to 1900 from 2200.
1 Like

May increase, so maintain upto 10% of additional cash.

Mentioned multiple times, freak trades are not considered for m2m.

1 Like

Are there any chances of TER coming back siva sir?

2 Likes

@siva Sir , you are doing extremely great work on this freak trade problems.

My all quires are solved but only want to know is you are a from zerodha official team ? If you can please share your designation.

God bless you sir

Simple Question

If we trade only in Cash segment stocks or Futures Stocks (Not index)ā€¦

So in this scenario can we need to start using SL order instead of SLM order to avid this freak trade issue or this issue was not relevant for Cash & Fut Stock ? @ShubhS9

In SL- lmt orders, in most cases, your stop price will get skipped, and the only thing you can hope, that price turns around and fills your stop loss order.

SL-M orders ensures you always get a fill, but considering the scenario, peeps are suggesting to go for SL-LMT orders.

IMHO, in SL-LMT orders, there is a high chance your order will remain as pending.

People who trade will know about it.

@siva reply me through msgā€¦ So My question was answered by himā€¦

And bro @ronin_sha if you want that your SL order work like SL-M order then just leave some price gap between Trigger price & Priceā€¦ If you use like this then your SL order work like SL-M

1 Like

Your technique is still a Limit order once the trigger hits.

Limit = what you strictly want. *so you want 100, get back in queue, we are distributing 105ā€™s here.

Market = just fill me in and get me the # out of here.

Anyway, have a nice day.

1 Like

@nithin and @siva
After removal of Trade Execution Rangeā€¦ Freak Trades getting common.
so any Peak Margin Penalty due to this Freak Trade.

Suppose
Mine Nifty17000pe naked sell running in profit
suddenly Freak Trade happen for split of a second and Price jump high
so any Peak Margin Penalty due to that split of a second?

The chances are very very less. But there is a chance.