Fresh issue of SDL in zerodha coin

Right now (14th june 2021) in zerodha coin I can see few listing of SDL(state development loans)

But the amount is varies accross listing, For example GJ SDL 2031 amount is = 10500, is that face value? I mean will I get the same amount after maturity? Or it include some other charges(like 6 paisa), and real facevalue of that bond is only 10k.

p.s. NSE website mention it as fresh listing, so it’s not secondary market rate. Help me to understand it better, why 10500 and not 10,000?

Look’s like I got the answer, the amount 10500 is weighted average price of the bond? I just need to confirm.

1 Like

@nithin @Bhuvan I want to buy SDLs but got confused. Tried to refer Zerodha Varsity but couldn’t get much.
could you please elaborate/clear what is indicative yield? and how it is different from said percentage return? (Eg. 7.2% ME 2041).

Thanks in advance

There is a asterisk symbol (*)
Something must be written below for that.
Probably that will answer you doubts.

" *Indicative yields are annualized and based on the last traded price of G-Secs and are only for comparison purposes. The actual yield of the security depends on the weighted average price discovered in the auction. Learn more."

1 Like

Will the auction result be announced in RBI website (for SDL) like treasury bills ? @Bhuvan

Thank you @Bhuvan but still I didn’t get the difference between 7.02 and 5.3 in 7.02%ME.
Please clarify

We show yields of similar bonds already trading as “indicative yield”. The final yield is discovered in the auction

1 Like