from where should i learn trading?

I have done few courses but they never tell me exactly where to start from. One course did suggest looking on finviz for the stocks making trends but it only shows the trends for U.S stocks. I can’t find an alternative to finviz in India.
I wanted to paper trade first but I don’t even know which stocks people are trading as the course also suggested to trade only on stocks that people are trading cause trends are made by the people.

I AM CONFUSED PLEASE HELP IF U CAN, DONT EVEN KNOW IF THIS IS THE RIGHT PLACE TO ASK THIS :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Start with VARSITY APP FROM ZERODHA. THEN TRY WITH TRADINGVIEW, YOU CAN PAPER TRADE THERE.

1 Like

yeah, I know about tradingview paper trading. didn’t know about varsity will definitely try it. Thank you so much. :nerd_face: :innocent: :innocent:

its a One Word answer :slightly_smiling_face: YOUTUBE!

1 Like

what i can tell you is varsity did help me a lot , i read a few other books , also i tried paper trading didn’t work because the fear of losing real money is not there ,
check investopedia , tradingview, youtube , lots of content is available , see what works for you . Start with small quantity and risk management is very important .

1 Like

Can you suggest any channel? as far as I have seen most of them offer their own course and they are just promoting it giving half-knowledge.

Thanks for the advice I will try to search for good ones :innocent: :innocent: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You can watch Vivek bajaj you tube channel… He started a series to teach trading…

1 Like

yeah, I have started reading completed reading about candlesticks and it is really nicely explained. it would be great if you can suggest to me some books.

Thank you very much :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :innocent: :slightly_smiling_face:. i love this platform thank god I discovered it everyone is being so helpful I really lost direction
I thought I would just do a course and I would be able to get in the trading business but it really not that simple at least for me.

1 Like

thank you brother going to check it out now :innocent: :innocent: :hugs: :hugs:

From the Market itself

3 Likes

just by looking at charts, you mean?

try neostox

2 Likes

Reading some materials will be better, I would say.

Technical analysis of the Financial markets

You can do that, at the same time try ‘Paper trading by trading view’ Or Neostox platform. then enter will very small capital in a real account.

Don’t get overconfident, This is not a ‘get rich quick’ scheme, Your mindset is supreme than strategies etc.

All the best.

1 Like

ok thank you so much, brother
ya I know most of the youth is drawn towards day trading to make stupid money but I just want to learn how not to not lose money :slightly_smiling_face:

i am actually reading a very nice book right now

What’s that book ? Just curious to know.

1 Like
  1. Expect to lose at first. Trade with tiny money that you are ready to lose.
  2. It can take a long time - 3-5 years or more - to get some handle on how trading works. Theory/skill/reality of probabilistic nature of edge/emotional control/risk management etc
  3. Lots of noisy/useless information available and market does not give immediate feedback and that hinders learning. And emotional issues can also interfere with learning.
  4. For me, best and only source has been Adam Grimes. There are many other resources and i have only looked at few but his work is enough. Start from his long running blog, and read up 1st book if interested. Still, you will have to do a lot of hard work yourself to make progress and apply and adapt to your own market.
  5. There is no holy grail. Everyone goes through drawdowns, trading needs capital, you wont be making 1000% returns without taking risk of ruin …

good luck

1 Like

A Beginner’s Guide To Day Trading Online, Toni Turner
I don’t have a circle of traders so I went by the online reviews and now when I am reading it it’s actually good for a beginner

thanks for the advice
and are you talking about “the art and science of trading”?

yeah, really great book. Can combine it with reading all of the blog.

And there are lots more freely available videos to compliment them, including a free course. Was really useful to see him struggle in a bad environment. That might seem odd, but it makes you understand that even well established traders with lots of experience have to deal with drawdowns. That’s something that i somehow never understood until then.

1 Like

I want to first get into trading I have never traded
the book is actually for those who are into it and want to improve isn’t it?
this is what i am reading right now ------------>A Beginner’s Guide To Day Trading Online, Toni Turner