Fully confused kite connect api

Hello technical experts…here is my a small question and i have very very little knowledge in programing …and my question is that if i streaming data through api and want to apply an indicator. Lets for an example , i want to apply sma indicator. So after programming the sma indicator i have to run the program on the streamed data. Now My question is that i have to save streamed data or not to run the program… And second question is that if i stream all the stocks data then will it create high pressure on the system…?

If the indicator is used for generating alerts you don’t need to store data. Stream all stocks data to where? I am kind of confused.

Check out: Kite Connect developer forum

Btw, if you are not proficient in programming, I’d suggest you to try this: https://www.streak.tech/

1 Like

Thanks for the reply sire…
I mean to say that if i want create an alerts then i have to program for that indicator and run the program on the streamed data. But how can i run the program on the data which are changing continuously…thats mean data has to be save to run the program…
Streaming all the stock data to my terminal for creating an alert according to strategy

do check out the kite connect forum, there are discussions on everything.

1 Like

In brief, you have to feed data to app such as Amibroker, NinjaTrader, Metastock etc. You can also view data of selected stocks on built-in terminals of those apps. Once data feed is working, you can apply whatever indicator/s or can run scanners available with those apps along with many other ops.

1 Like

Cant understand properly…
Kindly explain in detail. If i feed the data , could those apps scan all the stocks in nse according to my strategy…?

yes, once you feed the data, e.g., to Amibroker, then it have tools such as Scan (for scanning stocks at regular time interval), Explore (last status of scrips from selected watch-list) and Backtest (to check your strategy performance), which you can use as required.

For start, try using Amiquote (can download 10 scrips with unregistered version) provided by Amibroker with Google finance realtime data to see how data gets imported in Amibroker. You can also use free trials from various data vendors in India, they provide their utilities to import data in Amibroker, NinjaTrader etc.

@nithin @siva
1.do i need a powerful system to run streak?

2.now that streak is here what is the advantage of using connect? btw i’m a noob in
programming…

3.if i write a algorithm in kite connect should i always keep my pc switched on during
market hours? is this the same for streak as well?

4.what do you recommend if learning python is not an issue?

Everything on streak runs on the cloud, so you don’t really need a powerful machine. You can run it off your mobile. If you are planning to learn programming, Python is a good place for finance.

1 Like

@nithin does kite connect also run on a cloud based system?

You dont need to save stream data anywhere… You will get that data from historical data api… but you need to subscribe it… That costs you monthly extra 2K…

Yes, cloud virtual machines.