Get rid of tip providers

Everyday I get at least 3 calls asking if I want trading tips. I understand getting YouTube and Instagram ads, but now I have started getting WhatsApp msgs too. Who is leaking mobile numbers to them? They even know when I opened my trading account. When I ask them who feeds them this data, they say it’s public information. I don’t think that’s true.

Can we take any action against these numbers? They are not even scared.
Any solution to this problem? @nithin

3 Likes

I could think of two sources - 1) Personnel of brokerage firms 2) Personnel of CDSL / NSDL.

There is a third possibility. If you have subscribed for any of the services in the past using the same mobile number which is linked to demat account. In my case, I am sure I have used a different number.

3 Likes

Even when I had opened account newly I used to get same messages & calls & I am a victim of Indore scam (? thats what some veteran told me) for 7NR & Agrophos.

most chances are of it is getting leaked from cdsl or nsdl.

I don’t think this is happening because I have 6 family accounts from past 5 years. None of them get calls or msgs.

I strongly feel this is the case. I recently opened Angel one account just to try it out. (It sucks) In less than a week calls and messages started.

Never.

1 Like

Lmao someone complained today in reddit that right after opening an Angel One account they started getting spam. Here is the link of their post - Reddit - Dive into anything.

Almost the same case. I spoke to one of them nicely like I am interested and then asked how do they get database. He too did not take the name of the broker but said that I had recently opened a trading account. And yes, even in my case that’s the only account that I had opened.

1 Like

I was calling you

Sorry?

This is usually a short term issue after opening account and then calms down a bit. Widely known problem, info leaks irrespective of brokers.

Some info below. google search and you will find more. Searching in this forum itself and you will get more threads.

https://www.reddit.com/r/IndiaInvestments/comments/bhv18e/comment/elw2gsx/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x

2 Likes

The first screenshot seems to be from a zerodha user. If you are really annoyed, you can raise a SCORES complaint for this under the head “Investment Adviser” - you already have the phone number and the supporting document.

2 Likes

Just checked the screenshot again, only to find spelling mistake in it. :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:
Sure ‘short’ calls. :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

It isnt a spelling mistake. That person is only shorting calls.

1 Like

Just kidding, man… I was not spamming you.

Now understood what you meant earlier. Nevermind. :rofl:

1 Like

Same issue with me. Earlier I traded with hdfc and never got such calls/messages. Since the day I moved to zerodha it started. So I suspect there is a leak from their end although the company denies it. Either the company is selling our data or its employees are doing it without their knowledge.

I dont have any angel account. Neither I have opened any new account with any broker since last 3 years but I still get them

Then in that case I think it’s from the depository.

May be. Hdfc had tie up with nsdl. With zerodha I got introduced to cdsl. So may be cdsl sells our data

Unsubscribe from all telegram channels if u had subscribed. Free tips on telegram is for these tip providers to get your data and sell it off to others. I don’t think zerodha leaks data. I had zerodha account for an year and no spam calls came. I don’t know about other brokers

1 Like

Never subscribed and I will never ever subscribe.