Good days are over for spoiled brats like us :)

I dont know if it is popular or unpopular opinion, But most of us millennial urban/semi-urban folks are spoiled brats. Some of it is definitely due to the excess love and care given to us by our parents (who did it becos they had tough times during their childhood n wanted their kids to lead a good life) Quite natural :slight_smile:

We brats who were already on cloud 9 with our parentā€™s care got more laad (pampering) from the benevolent VCs :grin: (let us call them VC uncles who loved us a lot :stuck_out_tongue: )

I remember being in the hostel and having free lunches (literally) and free rides for months and years at a stretch. For many students and kids, this pampering reached such levels that most of us have started to believe that it is our birthright to have 50% off on dishes ordered online and we are gonna go to any place we want at fares equal to public transportation charges.

Little did we know back then that, when the product is free, you become the product and the damage that it has inflicted on attitude of young folks.

With inflation ā†’ Interest rates going up, VC uncles ( as we lovingly call them) are done with their rokda (funds) and we will not have free lunches now or maybe never :slight_smile: For those, who are okay with adapting and adjusting to anything , it will not be a bad thing as it will be life as usual for them. But, for those who are used to dilly dallying and doing things at the last moment like travelling, cooking or anything for that matter - Things are going to get costly. When I say costly, its not just financially, but in everything.

I sincerely hope we can quickly come out of this bad habit which our VC uncles gave us and get back to working and hopefully, realize the value of things and money :sneezing_face: :smiling_face_with_tear: :nerd_face:

11 Likes

I notice some of this irresponsible/entitled behavior has already auto-corrected,
and i believe will only continue to improve further.

After all, the same grown-up ā€œkidsā€,
are now being motivated by direct financial incentives in every aspect of their lives
to plan ahead and be more disciplined. :slightly_smiling_face: :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

sorry, canā€™t understand the message

itā€™s not limited to millennial only,

we realize value of money thatā€™s why donā€™t give second thoughts on taking offers & itā€™s totally fine

genralizing based on ownā€™s experience isnā€™t rationale

truism?

2 Likes

You can consider it a rant or just meaningless blabbering of an old man Lalit. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Absolutely. Its tough to create new stuff. Im not good enough maybe :sleepy:

is it a part of your job to post content in Trading Q/A for engaging users ? just curious

because I see staff people post suggestions & reccomendation, which feels good while reading but we learn nothing new out of it.

:+1:

Hey thanks for the honest feedback man. It is quite possible that you are well versed about many things and therefore may not find anything new.

In that case, we would love to know what are the topics which are new to you and you would be interested to know more aboutā€¦either we can share any content for you or u urself can share or create posts.

The main idea of the TQnA platform is to have discussions ranging from most basic stuff to advanced for all the traders and investors. :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes, since the name of the forum itself includes ā€œtradingā€, Iā€™d love if we can get practical apprach to market

like what impacts the most (pareto principlal)
eg.

*Should a trader spend time on macros, how much impact they create in trading?
*Why system trading isnā€™t as good as it seems.

A professor teaches business, while having no experience at it but he know everything abut running a business

thatā€™s exactly what weā€™d become if we just consume. becoming practical is about minimising mistakes & reflecting upon them.

1 Like

Gentle reminder to apply your own thoughts to your own actions too.
Keep up the thought-provoking posts and fun arguments discussions. :+1:t3: :slightly_smiling_face:

I think Iā€™m doing right & no need to worry about me

Thatā€™s cool.

Keep sharing such interesting questions and ideasā€¦Iā€™m sure we or someone else can definitely share and discuss in detail.

1 Like

Sure :v:

Not about you. My concern was about the forum.
Please do not criticize something simply because you did not enjoy/learn from it.
As you can see from the reaction to the original post in this topic-thread, there ARE a lot of folks who enjoyed reading the post. (i agree there are folks who would have learnt nothing from this post and even cringed at it)

I really like how @Meher_Smaran and you have subsequently handled this thread constructively.
Bringing-up actual topics of interest that you noticed are currently not well-represented / discussed on the forum.

Simply putting out the following below in the interest of completeness -
Just because the name of the forum has ā€œtradingā€ in it,
please do NOT stop/avoid posting non-trading topics too.

In addition to the topics suggested above,
personally, am also interested in

• Risk Management.
  • Trends and Macro-Economics.
  • Surprising/Niche observations (like the post that started this topic-thread)

It is great there there are multiple categories on this forum and all sorts of discussions (many tangential related to finance/markets) are welcome in the respective categories.

4 Likes

please read carefully, I was talking about traders which you arenā€™t as per your profile

so this debate is pointless, hope you understand!

1 Like

also I never said anyting about discarding them, itā€™s just doing accordingly pareto-principle

please donā€™t make wrong conclusion in community, someone can befall upon false narrative

:v:

Noted :slight_smile:

I think if these same ā€˜kidsā€™ learn responsibility, itā€™ll change their entire game and purpose in life. So, while what you said may be true, it isnā€™t applicable to everyone out there. I think when everything is served on a platter, there is no value and investing can change that. They could work, save some money and invest it and watch how the results come forward. They get to be disciplined and mature to tackle the basic problems.

I am sure a lot of us agree with you. All of us have immensely used the services which have been subsidised by the VC across the world. Although the money seems to be drying up, I am sure VC spending will continue to be strong in India.
A new space where a lot of VC funding is subsidizing the products are FMCG snacks startups. A lot of new generation companies have come up with focus on healthy eating for the urban millennials. They are developing products for the health conscious consumers in India. There is a huge market for healthy alternative snacks in India. India being a country with such a huge population, with good products, I am sure we will see a lot of snack based startups become unicorn very soon.
PS: For anyone interested, there are lot of deals (30-70% off) available on cred app.

1 Like