Government Schemes

We often see governement implementing new schemes in favour of public and i’m being quite curious how transparent they are. Most of them being handled by government can we vouch on those schemes cause many of the government supported companies default.

1 Like

I presume your concern is about recently launched CPSE ETF.

About transparency: It is approved by SEBI, promoted by the Indian Govt. and managed by Goldman Sachs. And all the 10 companies are among the best performing PSU firms. This makes me think the ETF is more transparent and better managed than most of the equity stocks traded on the exchange. There is better diversification of funds as you are indirectly investing in companies which are established across various industries.

The disadvantage I can find here is unequal weightage given to the constituent companies.3 companies constitute about 60% of the weightage in the ETF. So, even if there are 10 constituent companies, ultimately the price will be decided by these 3 heavyweights.

Here I sum up my view: Transparent and secure? Yes!.

Is it the best thing to invest? Not very sure, very early days to predict.

1 Like

Transparency :) good question that we could not be sure of as its one that we have no control over. Congress came up with many schemes now BJP is trying to do the same.

PMOINDIA said he will build Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel statue for a budget of $33 million to help build world's tallest statue with bronze-and-iron statue is this really requited? $33 million could help a lot of startups in India. People in the villages could be thought to make handicrafts, pottery etc. That could sold in the Cities or exported also.

In several states we have people complaining and filing cases that money from schemes government made never reached the poor. List of Government schemes 

My Grand Mother ​is a head of the village in Vizag(AP) she has told me so many instances they had to fight for. Sometimes they get them most of the time its not controllable. Ration cards: We still have people taking ration for the people who are not alive :), people have multiple ration cards etc.. all you have to do is bribe the government vendors.image

In 1978, Our government introduced IRDP – the Integrated Rural Development Programme It is a self-employment program intended to raise the income-generation capacity of target groups among the poor. The target group consists largely of small and marginal farmers, agricultural labourers and rural artisans living below the poverty line. Officials in some states were releasing more amount to the beneficiaries of Rs 6,000 in more than one installment under various investment activities. Every time a new family was added. This led to duplication of number of families being added.image

Fodder Scam: I am sure we all aware about this our Chief Minister of Bihar, Lalu Prasad Yadav and Jagannath Mishra were Involved in this. The corruption scheme involved the fabrication of "vast herds of fictitious livestock" for which fodder, medicines and animal husbandry equipment was supposedly procured

Sadly Its a never ending list and it will continue to go on.. 

Government has many many different types of schemes , subsidies , grants , favours , loans , offers promotions etc to promote the exports sector , business, service sector , MSME , manufacturing sector , invention innovation , start ups , etc .

Is there any scheme for the traders trading in the stock share market business profession?