Green Hydrogen - Theme for the Future?

This is an interesting development and potentially a game changer for India’s Energy Sector.

I have not yet explored the sector and would love to learn more about it from u.

Maybe we can use this thread for Green Hydrogen theme potential, companies and opportunities involved.

Its said that the costs involved are higher than other fuels in terms of storage and transportation. Overall the fuel is better and more efficient then the fossil fuels. The transition is indeed underway at an exceptional level. Not explored much, but India has a huge potential in green hydrogen with favourable geographic conditions.

Companies that i came across were RIL, GAIL, NTPC, IOC, etc planning to set up green hydrogen plant.

It’s easier to setup EV charging infra than this hydrogen energy system.

Summed up nicely for me, though of sharing it here:

L&T, NTPC , Reliance , Adani green are some of the names that come to mind when it comes to green hydrogen. Any other companies on ur radar?

1 Like

Green hydrogen is more sustainable than lithium batteries in the long term. But till the time the production for green hydrogen becomes feasible, lithium batteries will lead the way. The Indian govts move to switch to green hydrogen can have a huge pay-off for us, domestically and globally.

While things look very green (hara bhara ) everywhere, it also has its own disadvantages as well

Spoke to one of the intellectual, as per him

• It would be quite expensive due to transportation
  • It would require infrastructure which no one thought of and requires heavy investment
  • Storage could also be an issue

Keep an eye on Green Hydrogen theme stocks…

2023 should be a good year for these companies

1 Like