I want to invest monthly in ELSS some 5000 rupees. I have few questions:
- As i am investing small amount, should i use direct fund instead of regular method though i am new to mutual fund/stock market.
- If i choose regular method (traditional way), how will i get advice for selecting a fund and strategy for investing?
- Can i buy both direct as well as regular fund?
- How can i select dividend and growth option?
Thanks & Regards,
Irrespective of the size of the funds, direct is always beneficial.[quote=“RJ3110, post:1, topic:13491”]
If i choose regular method (traditional way), how will i get advice for selecting a fund and strategy for investing?
If you are selecting regular, you may as well ask your financial advisor. [quote=“RJ3110, post:1, topic:13491”]
Can i buy both direct as well as regular fund?
Yes, you can. But better to stick to Direct. You save more which means you earn more
You can do this at the time of investing.
Thank you very much for your response Karthik.
Yes, I know investing through direct fund will be always beneficial but it accomplished with risk, the one who don’t know much about the market (Like me). Thats why initially i am thinking to play safe.
If i choose regular method then:
- How can i get financial advisor if i invest through Zerodha?
- How will i get folio number?
May be these questions are not very valuable but i want to clear my doubts before investing in ELSS.
Thanks for your support.
- No facility of a financial advisor as of now
- Login to Coin-> Portfolio. Click on the down arrow as shown in the screenshot below-
You will be able to get folio number, as shown below-
Thank you Niranjan for your response.
I heard that if we invest through regular method in other platform like sbi mf, we get the assistance from advisor but they charge for that.
So my question is, if i choose regular option in zerodha then someone will be there to guide me? otherwise direct fund will be beneficial if i will not get any guidance.
Thanks & Regards,
if you are looking for some advice on which mutual fund to select, then use this article from live mint
they publish the list regularly with changes according to the market trends and how the funds are managed.
there is the article in which they explain how to use the mint50 list
How to use mint50
I personally feel its always better to pick up mutual funds based on the previous performance. you can use value research website for useful data and articles on mutual funds
Regarding the growth and dividend options, it depends on whether you want to grow your capital or get a regular amount for your normal expenses. typically for a person with a stable job, it is good to apt growth fund.