Groww Overtaking Zerodha

Equity curve @VenuMadhav

4 Likes

@VenuMadhav A suggestion for the equity curve
I want a three-line equity curve :eyes:

1. First Line for Account value and all other lines that you currently have
  2. Linear line for smoothed XIRR/CAGR
  3. Line to add comparative symbol may be simple indices like NIFTY 50/100 and others or another linear line at a percentage as desired by the user.
2 Likes

Zerodha will bring the equity curve on the same day that Salman Khan decides to get married.

1 Like

Why there’s no sort option in watch list of Coin? Is there any specific reason? It is an important feature. Please provide this sort option.

1 Like

Yes, this is on our to-do list, will be added on Coin.

Groww has the potential to become the top platform in 2024. My 2023 was worse at end, and unfortunately, the next 3-4 years seem to be heading in a difficult direction. As a beginner trader, I’ve incurred significant losses (40.5 L) with Zerodha and am now on the verge of bankruptcy.

Hey @d_p , request you to keep your comments relevant on each thread. Understand that you’re facing an issue with your account & we’ve done our best as well. If you’re aggrieved, you’re free to take necessary further action by filing a complaint. Our market regulator has made it extremely convenient for all investors to voice their concerns and seek resolution. Request you to maintain the decorum of this forum.

3 Likes

@VenuMadhav Sure i will.

I get a little time to reconcile my SIPs etc on Coin in the weekend and then what I get is this! They need time till 24th January to fix this! (two full days!) :frowning:

In the meantime I have already received emails from CDSL about credit of units to my account - so “delay in credit of units” is a misleading message!

1 Like

CDSL and RTA have been delaying delivery of the units on major days where more transactions are pending to be delivered due to which we push the units delivered late at night or by morning. (We are in touch with BSE, RTA and CDSL together where we are having discussions to solve it permanently so that the units are delivered on time)

We generate the CDSL file to update the units by 10 PM every day, whatever units are delivered on time will start reflecting after the P&L process; whichever are not credited by that time and are delayed, only the units are pushed on the Coin, the buy average for such units gets updated after the P&L process.

Here the units were credited on the 19th, but the credit was delayed; we got the incremental file on the 20th morning. We push such files on coin to update the units, but the buy average won’t be updated. Now the buy average for these units can only be updated once the trade process happens and the backend calculates and considers the latest holding file again.

Our backend runs the P&L process for MF if there is an allotment or redemption file. Since Saturday to Monday were a non-business day, the trade process will next run on Tuesday night, and all such incremental holdings purchase prices will be fixed by Wednesday morning. That’s how the system works, and we can’t make arbitrary modifications to the process for such special cases as the units are in a demat mode, owing to these special holidays the price update was delayed but the holdings reflect correctly. Hence we sent out a sticky note and kept it live till Wednesday so that the users are aware of why the details are reflected without a buy average price. Don’t think so the message is misleading as it clearly says the buy average is affected and not the units.

2 Likes

This is almost the end of the day today and still the units information is outdated.

1 Like

This is almost the end of the day today and still the units information is outdated.

Zerodha always have glorious excuses! Keep it up, while your customers move away to others!

1 Like

now this!

Hey, please check your holdings, it should be reflecting correctly on both Coin & Console.

Got this message today. My wife has been investing through groww for more than a year now… not even once has this issue occurred on groww…I have seen this happen multiple times for zerodha users.

yes this is quite often nowadays, and very frustrating when trying to lump sum on market fall :confused:

Hey, your order wasn’t a lump sum order, it was a SIP. The SIP was mapped to the mandate, and, as required by the mandated procedure to execute, the sip was triggered on T-2 days (January 24, 2024). However, due to trading holidays on January 26, 27, and 28th, the SIP was processed on January 29, 2024. Your Demat account will receive a credit for the units today.

To get the same-day Net Asset Value (NAV), you need to place a lump sum order through Coin before the specified cut-off time using UPI or Net banking transactions. Please refer to this to learn more about NAV applicability.

These orders were placed on 31st and paid for 1st Feb. I have received emails from CDSL regarding credit of these units but Zerodha/Coin is as usual sleeping in deep slumber.

1 Like

Wow. Order placed 10 days ago is still shown as processing?

And you received CDSL debit/credit email for the same units?

1 Like

Yeah Dhan seems to be really tempting now. It has a lot of features, plus the UI is a lot slicker and user friendly. Am just waiting for some basic action on a few support tickets in zerodha before deciding.

There are not many differences between the two. Dhan seems to be cheaper, but that makes me think if they are operating on a loss. Not really interested in trading using a loss making company, since they will just keep encouraging us to trade more for brokerage.

• Dhan doesn’t have AMC. Just 300 in Zerodha too, so not really that big a charge.

• No smallcase charges in Dhan. 100 in Zerodha. Atrocious in my opinion. Amount is irrelevant, but they sneak in such BS “transaction charges” after stating free equity delivery on every marketing page. Smallcase is nothing about equity delivery through the API. Don’t see how charges are more. These charges are despite them being investors in smallcase. Would have expected a tighter and free integration when they are investors.

• Dhan has a forum for traders too. madefortrade or something.

• They have a dedicated app for options, like Zerodha’s Sensibull.

Any other pros/cons of Dhan?

The day I move will be really sad for me. I had convinced a lot of my friends to move to Zerodha, from the big bank apps, since I really liked how they operate and their philosophy on active disengagement.

4 Likes