GTT order suggestion for multi leg SL target

GTT oder facility even when entering a position for both SL n target is good.

But it should have multiple exit options for different % of holdings say 50% at one price and next 50% at another price.

Hope Zerodha will incorporate this suggestion of mine.

1 Like

Easy way is to create another GTT after order is placed, how difficult is that?

@siva I trade Cash market and I put SL -M AMO order. Now I find we can not put SL-M Amo and I also can not put SL-M in GTT, If there is a gap down, I am losing more in my Stop loss. Will u bring back SL-M in AMO or add SL-M in Gtt? Also, I can not place SL limit order AMO to buy a stock if it goes above a certain price any solution to it?

You can keep in GTT, just give some difference to trigger and price in GTT,it will act as SLM.

it wasn’t a success in SL-Limit order or GTT, if there is a jump, it does get triggerd but i get a msg saying the order is open and i keep losing money. I am almost facing this on daily basis. And I can not place SL orders less that 0.25%. Looks like Zerodha is asking me to lose more money by saying push ur SL more back? Why this change when it is not severing purpose @ some cases. AMO was perfect

If you give more difference between the two it will be traded for sure unless it hits circuit at open in which case normal slm also would have not traded.

We may provide AMO soon if everything goes as per our plan but what you are saying about GTT sl you can’t place within .25% range, can you give me an example.

Real time situation, Tomorrow I want to by Dishman @ 194.65 that is same as today’s closing price. I can not put Gtt because i get this error(pic below) I also do not want to put AMO limit order because if there is a opening below the today’s closing price i do not want to take the order, but Limit order will get triggered even if it opens below today’s closing price.

Neither you not me cannot decide the difference between GTT trigger and Gtt limit price? This is easier said than done, There is always difference between SL-M and SL limit order. All i can do is post screenshot, but hope u understand the difference. 14th Aug fall, i have lost more money because of sudden gap downs

You can buy at what ever price you want but wondering this is outlier right, why does one want to do this everyday?
Also GTT stays till you cancel which is best alternative right?

How you lost money by this?

@siva Trading is done every day not once in a while. Also, my strategy is to take a scrip @ the closing price of the previous day. Now I get this error, this was not the error when AMO SL was available. Also, I can not place limit AMO
because if the price is opening below today’s closing price, I do not want to take unless it touches back the previous day’s closing price

GTT is a good concept, not denying it, but in this case, I will not be able to place the order like I would have placed in AMO, I am having this issue on daily basis

Just like any trader, I have a defined Stoploss and defined risk to lose if it hits the stop loss. Recently i have lost 25% more because it triggered and order is open but the price kept falling.

GTT is best available option, I still don’t understand what is stopping to use it.

I have no right to tell you this but If you are day trader maybe place order at open instead using AMO,anyhow as said we will try to bring it back soon.

I am day and swing trader. Thanks eagerly waiting for the AMO to be back or adjustment in GTT

As and when i miss out any SL will post it here

@siva This is what happens with GTT and now SL-M

. This is with the difference placed between trigger and the price.

Can you explain a bit more, I din’t get it by seeing screenshot.

Normally i would have placed SL-M @ 348.90 which is blocked now in AMO. So place a GTT order with price @ 384.9 and Trigger @ 385.00. But it jumped the trigger,

If it is SL-M it would have got sold immediately, Now, Since it is GTT and jumped the trigger, i should be @ my place all time to monitor such movement and manually close the order. If i am not seeing the screen and price keeps dropping, I will keep losing the trade.

You can give more difference between trigger and price so that it acts as market.