Guidance for beginner

If you like to consume top-rated content then use these resources to learn about the stock market.

1. The SEC Website
  2. Investopedia
  3. Yahoo! Finance
  4. The Balance - Investing for Beginners
  5. Bankrate - Stock Market Basics
  6. Good financial Cents
1 Like

You should first research and list out points you need to learn more about and then read those particular books or watch those videos. If you want to be systematic, you can start investing with a small amount and see how to go about it.

1 Like

@GB26 Thank you for your kind words :slight_smile: Hope I could learn it the proper way asap :slight_smile:
@SiddhantDadwal Thank you for your suggestions. I will look into them.
@Amanpreetkaur Thank you. You are suggestion is much appreciated :slight_smile:

You will find a variety of learning material online and you can start by reading, ‘Bulls, Bears and other Beasts’ by Santosh Nair. It is a great book for beginners to get to understand the stock market a little better. Good luck.

1 Like

Start investing your time and energy in learning stocks through books and videos. Consider NISM workbooks and books like Coffee Can Investing. Do not trade until you have gained sufficient knowledge, and trade with only what you can afford to lose.

1 Like

@RishuDevdhar Thank you for your suggestion and wish. :slight_smile: I will check them out.
@MehakAgnihotri Thank you for your suggestion. Wise words. I lost some money by trying to do intraday trading with very little knowledge. But it was only a very little sum which I could afford to lose. Learnt my lesson. Will resume trading again only when I gain significant knowledge. Thank you again!

That’s kinda fine. Well you are in right path! .But I hope you got basic stuff well like reading a chart (timeframe, what’s a candle not patterns but basic), what’s spread , what’s ask and what’s bid , settlement, what pips mean, margin, STT, charges, taxes, breakeven are .