Guys post your daily trading status

Crazy movements in BankNifty and VIXplosions this week. Took some courage to execute straddles (and multiple strangles) and it worked out.

Also, I won this -

Thanks to all fellow traders and the entire trading fraternity! :slight_smile:

Raghu
www.niftybanknifty.com

3 Likes

I expect the bank nifty will move in high speed today even i sold only calls and i try to manage all the position , Gamma increase in the mid of 12 o clock i fear to sell PE also, because it can reverse very fast only one strike i sold its minimum profit only i booked in put side , all calls i managed professionally even this kind of move , learning continusely
profit booked today in expiry is 16k +

This kind of market how you are managing and come out from the loss to profit thats a big thing , The market will test your knowledge with these surprise movement

2 Likes

In my demate account today Big runner is BANK BEes

Today BankNifty rose 2.3%. I don’t track bees, so can you tell me how much did they rise today?

Same as well 7 rs , I have 3000 qty

Do you have only 54 nos of ICICI Bank shares ?

So, am I not better placed buying the leader of the pack like HDFC/Icici/kotak which has and would outperform the index in the longer run?

Yes in this account when ever I am making profit in option trading I wii buy the same Like lot of shares in12 diffrent asset I am accumulating , when 100 qty I accumulate in every asset I will transfer to Motilal Oswal, because here investment is free , I am holding all investment in Motilal,
In ICICI bank shares total I have total 2450 including this 54

Bank bees is giving consistent return of 18% CAGR over 10 years history, I love to invest in Bank bees ETF , because it’s index

It’s around 14%. But you can ignore the difference as the starting period was the end of bear cycle and the price shot up from the bottom. But the fact remains each of these Bank outperformed the index and HDFC Bank CAGR around 25%.

It’s true since Index is diversified, it’s bit safer. But it is a safe option for a passive Investor. For a market enthusiast and active Investor, investing in the leader of the pack/index makes better sense even for the long term.

Most often than not the only red sign for these stocks is corporate governance issues. If this is fine, the stock will surely do well even through rough patches and business cycle. Among the 3 banks I mentioned all are good. But if you look closer you will see that ICICI bank underperformed than Kotak and HDFC and I believe it was more due to governance issues (related to Chanda Kochhar) than anything.

1 Like

why Motilal Oswal , any reason ?

yes motilal oswal will give MAF facility , if any thing big dip in market like 1000+ point , i will buy more share in 12 diffrent asset immediately without money lying on account , i will pay back one month later , this facility is very useful for me , because any big dip i can use the buying oppourtunty , thats all , and i will do covered call strategy also i can in same capital, these kind of facility we need means we need to maintain healthy Demate account with motilal , they will help to improve better our portfolio

3 Likes

How much interest for that ?

1 Like

per year they will charge 13% , its for me for example if you borrow 1 lakhs for one month , its will calculated only 22 days trade days only that is will come 797 per month , but we are using the oppourtunity of the market ,

last two days back i used to buy bank bees and other stock also those stock dip above 4% i will use . in bank bees above 500 point DIP i will use , any dip in one day i will use 1 lakhs in diffrent asset

i will pay back from option trading profit from zerodha account in one or two month

this way only i am building my portfolio
Motilal oswal really helped a lot to build my healthy portfolio for long term ,

4 Likes

THIS IS THE WAY I AM INVESTING Anybody can follows

4 Likes

Great…
Are you using candor and it’s adjustments?

No condor … only short straddle / strangle with stop loss

1 Like

Great. You have very few losses but so many wins… It means you know exactly where market will make move? Your Technical analysis must be strong or your strike selection is perfect that most of the time your Stoploss doesn’t hit.?? Right?

1 Like

When comes to selling options , it’s mostly about avoiding risky trades …
Already lost 5 days in their jan series ( tried few extra things though ) , but still in green because of other trades

1 Like

Lost 5 days because banknifty made very low and high move these days after US Iran issue?