Guys post your daily trading status

I have not learnt coding for trading , I have been coding already for 5 years . I am basically Internet marketer.

I use javascript in frontend. nodejs and php in backend and mysql for Database. , I just use quick hacks to code thats required for my needs.Because most of my stuffs are in frontend(browser). I mostly save all tick by tick to my database for all scrips I use and use those for coding , Since I do only Intraday , I dont have data more than 1 day in my database.

If you want to do proper backtesting , algo trading etc , its better to learn python .many use python for it.

P.s : I don’t like python because all its output is in terminal , I just like to save my code and run it in browser.

impressive buddy… :clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

1 Like

i have a pretty slow reaction time. so, 15 seconds is overkill for me. i believe you use Kite API to calculate IVs from option price and plot. I use python to record option IV, price, OI from IBKRs DDE data stream at 1 min interval and plot charts. I use it only on wednesdays and thursdays to find brief anamolies and make some quick bucks.

Nice , What is that DDE data stream ? And how do you use the IV ? sell high , buy low ?

sold 30800PE, running profit of 3,640 till now :slight_smile:

DDE is interactive broker’s equivalent of kite websocket data feed. it streams live IV, price, OI, greeks, etc of option contracts.
i am not a strict seller or buyer. if IV is juicy, I sell. if IV deadbeat, I buy.

BHARATRAS, given more than 100% return in under 8months, great compounder for a long-term portfolio, do research on it’s business and potential :slight_smile:

disc: not a SEBI registered adviser

1 Like

Great! One question tho, you identified this via Top down or bottom up approach?

i pick companies based on their business model, if a company has a good business model, high growth potential, good financials and is trading at a attractive price, i buy it :slight_smile:

Awesome , DDE stream is tick by tick ? can i get link where I can see more about it ? I cannot find anywhere

hi, have you seen their growth, the profits are rising from 4 consecutive years, trading at a p/e of just 20, roce is above 30 and a very low ev/ebit, it was undervalued at 4000, it is still undervalued at 8000, it’s a company worth researching into :slight_smile:

no, it is not TBT. i think their default refresh rate is 200 ms (5 ticks per second). i use 2 sec refresh rate for my use.
you need to have interactive brokers account to access their TWS API.

api doc link:
https://interactivebrokers.github.io/tws-api/dde_intro.html

1 Like

2 Likes

expiry loss wali. Booked loss of ~6.5k intraday in expiry trade .Was not in much profit already because of divergent nifty and banknifty movement. was not in front of screen at critical moments and was adamant that 12100 will not be broken. bent rules a bit and paid price when nifty broke

12100 .

Trade logs uploaded on https://twitter.com/rohit_murari

2 Likes

~53k loss … SL hit

2 Likes

Tip of the day : Instead of focussing how much profit you will be making when you are right , Always focus on how much you lose if you are wrong.

Many new comers , including me in beginning , always have a hope that , If this happens I am gonna make big profit and forget what happens if it does not 'happen.

Always focus on what if you are wrong. Cut your loss quick and get rich quick.

4 Likes

2 Likes

always keep an SL immediately as soon as you place order upto which you can digest :stuck_out_tongue: only when you have SL which you cannot digest , you wait for recovery , modify SL etc.

1 Like

Btw I don’t believe in SL , only hedging . If hedging fails , my portfolio level stop loss in cloud will exit all positions.

1 Like