Has anybody you know quit trading forever because of losses?

It’s better you avoid the markets looks like you’re in the markets for easy money … Which will never come… Honestly…

1 Like

Really…

give this man an award.

:slight_smile: :+1::1st_place_medal::medal_military::trophy::3rd_place_medal:

1 Like

Yes, many people quit trading because of losses. Actually, most of the people who quit trading do so because of losses, and some even commit suicide. Its very important to master trading psychology so that losses don’t make you break down. With proper risk management, you’ll just be successful

1 Like

Trend lines are a sure way to loose money…

How does one know which trend line to take trades upon and which trend line should be respected by the market ?

Do you trades breaks of trend lines or break and retests?

How many times was a trend line broken , had a few candles below it and then again continued to make new highs / lows?

Nothing works consistently in the market , because market makers are always screwing it up for us. They make the candles so that they can earn money , not us.

Same with moving averages , Macd, rsi and divergences

Trends too change on a dime!!

Stocks , commodities and forex all are geopolitically driven and news oriented , that’s why the market itself doesn’t know what it’s going to do next , how can a trend line tell one anything?

Options people will loose their premiums and stop losses will be hit , forcing people to loose money while the syndicate manufactures news and events to turn the markets in their favour, everyday.

I advise to everyone , please stay out of this line…it may take a decade and tons of money to figure it out and not everyone can take that much…

4 Likes

Dude if someone dont quit after good loss, then he is risking his entire family in life threating circumstances. Trading is nothing but gambling. For sure nobody can save on routine trade…

1 Like

Yes Trading is Gambling.

I did but not forever, after getting losses in the market I start learning strategies and indicator and last nearly 1 year I am using moneybhai for trading practices, now nearly 8 out 10 predictions are correct for me but I will practice for next 3 to 4 month more.

I guess even Zerodha can provide such platform for practices apart from Varsity(which is excellent for knowledge as well as interview question)

Trading ruins most of the young traders life. I am a big time victim of Free Trading TIPS Vs Free Trading Account. Now I am Zero after lossing 94 lakh rupees in a most recent midcapgains scam. Please be careful and do not put your life time earnings in Risk.

2 Likes

Explain pls.

Welcome @Bsuribabu05 to TradingQ&A.
Please, share your experiences in detail, it will help others to avoid such scam in future.

2 Likes

Hi Ganesh,

It is a big story which you soon read in a news paper and TV channels through proper orders. Go with trusted Brokerage companies and do not go for anything that says FREE in this Trading field. If any investor gets trapped in any kind of issues, survival is very minimal. You will get all computer generated responses and will make you feel ashamed of yourself. 9 yrs hard earned money from abroad after all taxes etc… Looted by some MFs using all the loopholes in Indian trading system. Not just me there are 10K new to market (less than 1 yr) young Investigator lost their money in MIDCAPGAINS scam (stocks AgroPhos, Mauria Udyog, 7NR). Be very careful. Think before you become “Zero” dha.

2 Likes

By the way I said something incorrect, I am not zero, I have still “108” Rupees in my Zerodha account after investing 1.15 Crores in Indian Stock market. 10 lakhs gave it to A Ambani + Yes Bank to save their losses. 7 lakhs Currently giving for Dish TV and Suzlon for their debts. 94 lakhs looted… after all deduction 108 rupees left.

2 Likes

What’s wrong by brokers ? And MFs ?

Bro, all the stock names you mentioned its common for most of us retail “investors”. Everyone is trapped in Yes bank, Suzlon, ADAG stocks.

I myself made lot of losses in ADAG group. I know people who have entire capital into ADAG and all has become zero now.

This simple problem because we see some stock 90% down and we think it will multiply our money 10 times, most likely it will be ZERO.

1 Like

Regarding the Midcapgains stocks, I am really sad to see that. I know of that Midcapgains case via Twitter, and actually I even made a topic here two years back trying to highlight such fraud stocks. But mostly newbies get trap in such schemes, and I am sure they dont see any forum before putting money.

MFs mean not Mutual Funds my friend. Regarding what is with Brokers, when a broker is notified about a scam for 3 months and even just 3 days before actual scam happend notified, all standard brokerages stopped those stocks trading and notifies it’s customers. But some for what intentions they didn’t notified it’s customers. Look at twitter you will come to know with basic evidence. More will come soon which you will shock and will definitely THINK BEFORE YOU INVEST. Unless you are well versed, and good in gambling not a big deal for them.

1 Like

I didn’t mention the main looter stocks of 94 lakhs :grinning: Agro Phos, 7NR, Mauria Udyog. The best pics of some well planned looter Stocks.

Yeah Bro we did see lot of details. Everything is well manipulated research reports and news and so much ground work they did for this looting. Some of the great companies are leaking NEW customers info to Fradulent groups where as same is not happening with clients from good Brokerage like HDFC etc… Those companies care for their customers as they are paid and Customer Privacy is maintained and saved fro these kind of traps. When things are Free, rest of the things are compromised like No PRIVACY. If you ask simple answers we don’t reveal, we treat your data as our data. But nothing is real

3 Likes

HI @Tejkamal
You need to figure out few things before you put your money (&life/happiness,etc) into the markets.

First of all, if you are into the market due to peer pressure, say reading it online/media that x had made crores of profit, etc, then you will most likely fail. You need to have a basic understanding of how the world economy works, the politics around it, FED/RBI, interest rate, inflation, geopolitics, trades, GDP, etc.

Even if you only do trading, it still matters.

Decide whether you are a trader (not just intraday) or an investor. Know the difference -

if you look at technical indicators, chart, quick profit booking, then you are likely to be considered as a trader. And almost all of nifty retail population are traders.

if you make trading (buy/sell) decisions by looking at FED/RBI Minutes, inflation reports, economy, politics, interest rates, oil, gold, (remember all these have a connection), then you are likely to be a investor.

when you know who you are, decide how much return you want to make. Say Rs100 capital invested today and in a year’s time, you should have 100+x. where x is the yearly target. So every month you need to generate x/12 return. Define a risk free strategy to gain x/12 of value on your money. Stop loss is not the only way to mitigate the risk.

Don’t trade in something (I mean underlying product/business) that you don’t understand (Courtesy Warren Buffet).

Image you are gonna lose the capital (Rs 100), you should still be able to run your life without sleepless nights.

Do not listen to anyone while formulating your strategy. Be yourself. Write your strategy on a note book. Be punctual.

In my view, the broader knowledge about the economy, politics around it, and markets/products knowledge is the MOST IMPORTANT thing is capital markets. And you can’t gain all this knowledge by reading a book, forum, etc in a shorter period. You have to learn the magic day by day.

Don’t be greedy.

when you follow this & more, you will succeed in the longer run. Good luck.