Has BEBI killed the concept of auto SIP?

Hi all,
I read w.e.f 1st July, all kinds of mutual funds purchases must be paid from bank and not trading account. Isnt it going to kill the purpose of sitting back relaxed and letting SIP to auto buy units? Because buying SIP manually is as good as a lumpsum investment with a reminder in a mobile phone.
I could not find any discussion about it on this forum. This will be a headache especially for senior citizen.

We’re working on making mandates available. Once you create a mandate, your SIPs will be automated.

Why it has been unlisted from the forum? I’m sure other people must have raised queries for the same issue, have those queries also been unlisted?

Not speaking for the moderators, but as an avid reader of this forum, i like it when the same question being asked for the Nth time doesn’t show-up as a separate topic on the forum. Unlisting redundant topics, makes the forum less noisy and easier to follow over time, with all related Qs and comments in a single topic thread.

@ankur0101 It would have been ideal if you had noticed the existing topic Discontinuation of pooling for mutual funds and how it affects Coin and found the latest updates discussed on it already; and if you still had any open Qs/comments added it to the existing topic thread instead of starting yet another thread about the same thing. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

I can understand that not everyone reads all posts or subscribes to all updates on the forum. So, it is often upto the moderators to nudge any redundant discussions towards existing topics-threads on the forum. Generally, the moderators on this forum, when they unlist redundant /duplicate posts, they also share the links of existing topic-threads or specific posts in them, in their replies (in this case post 111 of the above topic-thread). I suppose they must have forgotten to do so in a hurry this time.

@cvs Well I did search on the forum the could not find the link you have posted. Also it was not pinned to the top under mutual funds category. Eventually any person would raise a question.