Help me choose funds

Hi, This is Rakesh and I am 31 years old. I am trying to find some good schemes for various categories to diversify my investments.
So, I could come up with below where I am sure about balanced fund, but not for others

Balanced Fund HDFC Balanced Fund - Direct Plan
Mid CAP / Small CAP Mirae Asset Emerging Bluechip Fund - Direct Plan OR L&T India Value Fund - Direct Plan
Large CAP Kotak Select Focus Fund - Direct Plan OR Mirae Asset India Opportunities Fund - Direct Plan OR Aditya Birla Sun Life Top 100 Fund - Direct Plan
Multi CAP Motilal Oswal MOSt Focused Multicap 35 Fund - Direct Plan OR SBI Magnum Multicap Fund - Direct Plan

Could you please tell which one should I pick under each category and how much % should I invest in each if my total investment per month is Rs.40000.

Better to consult a financial advisor than asking random strangers on a forum for recommendations. This is a sure shot way to have investment regrets say 5 years later.

1 Like

Spot on @Sanket
@RakeshYadugiri Look for SEBI Registered Independent Financial Advisor who does financial planning for a fee and usually :wink: do not have any interest in any fund house for trail commissions. Chances are very high for you to receive an unbiased recommendation without any hidden agenda or interests.

Kotak, birla life, Reliance etc usually perform equivalently in terms of returns but there will always be a couple of standout funds. This could be a little hard to catch. An advisor should certainly help here. You could also filter down funds looking at past performance but these things are hard to get to pin-point accuracy.

Also, look for Franklin and DSP funds in the Midcap section.

1 Like

Its better you do your own research before investing till the time you find CFP / Investment advisior.

To start with, you can check the following -

Moneycontrol

Valueresearch

Totally agree with you.

thank you all. will do keep a check on these funds and consult someone