Help ! Multi-monitor setup with laptop extended display not working

Thanks, sounds like a plan. Will try that.

1 Like

Alternatively, connect one of the monitors to HDMI and the other to VGA. This should allow you to extend the display to 3 screens. I use this setup and it works fine for me.

1 Like

@Abhijit_93 Thanks, yes for some reason the VGA is not recognizing, although the HDMI works fine. Not sure if it is a driver issue. I brought VGA cables as well. so will see if i can make it work like you said.

Can you please attach a screen shot the extend display menu when you right click the desktop ?

This is the options I get with 2 extra monitors connected:

1 Like

I run Win 10 and this is what my extend menu looks like. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So, this is what i found:

If i connect HDMI and VGA, it assumes HDMI as Digital Television, and VGA as monitor and built-in as laptop.
I can only use one of the options in the screenshot, unfortunately there is no “Built-in-Display + Monitor + Extended Display” option.

So:
Monitor + Built-in displays on VGA connected monitor and laptop
Monitor + Television = Monitor1 + Monitor2
Built-in + Monitor = Laptop + VGA
Built-in + TV = LAptop + HDMI
TV + Monitor = HDMI and VGA (both monitors, laptop is blackened out)

Hence (Monitor + TV + Built-in is missing)
@portfolioplus911 @Abhijit_93

1 Like

You need a USB to VGA external video card and connect your third monitor to that screen. Laptop by default only supports 2 monitors

1 Like

@abbanerjee Thanks, yes i just now ordered that from Amazon. @portfolioplus911 also suggested the same what you mentioned as well.

1 Like

Great. If you want to go hyper with monitors you can also look at Maxtron cards which supports upto 6 monitors. More than 3 monitors is a sign of vanity :wink:

1 Like

[Update]
So i brought 2 USB 3.0 to VGA adapter from Amazon. The first one had a broken DVD when it arrived, which i returned and ordered again. The second time i ordered from a different seller, but this time it didn’t work at all.
The installation of DVD gave these errors

I have no choice now but to order a Maxtron Device. Unfortunately seems like they are not available in India as far as i can see (@abbanerjee Do you know anywhere here in India who sells them, or do we need to import them directly?)

Try to see if you can find any laptop docking station. Docking station has extra ports of all kind.

1 Like

If you get experience then these multi monitor multitasking human is not required :grinning:

See this why you don’t need many monitors. Mobile is enough.

Use ATR trailing stops Indicator with Renko. for Entry and exit or reversing positions.

3 Likes

@haribabu First of all i didn’t start trading from today :smile: and for me it is required to see chart in different time frames, and my laptop screen gets cluttered, giving no space to execute the trades quickly.

And if you talk about Renko charts, have you ever tried them in real time during market hours? The bars keeps vanishing at times. It is extremely difficult for intraday scalping where seconds matters. (So, lets keep theories aside :wink: )

And next, i prefer multiple screen to keep monitoring my favorite scripts (as i trade in a set number of scripts), rather than keep paying every month for a scanner.

@naveengarg That’s exactly what i ordered now. You have hit right at the bull’s eye mate :slight_smile: :v:

I think this might be a good solution.

This will work if you have displayport in your laptop. You will also need a displayport1.2 to mini display port adaptor to make this work. Then you can connect the monitors that support display port or get displayport to HDMI cables. Total cost is about the same as

Which I think has better reviews.

Multi-display is very necessary if you do programatic trading I think. In most other cases, I think humanly its very difficult to keep track of more than 2 displays.

1 Like

6 Monitors . . .single card. . .good for Stock mkt. Traders . . .
one can go for lower end cards as well . .

1 Like

Your welcome. Let me know what Laptop you have, I can suggest some option w.r.t. docking station.

@naveengarg I have Lenovo Z570, I already ordered Dell D3100 docking station (and its on the way). Laptop has an Intel HD 3k Graphics, Dell D3100 recommends 4k i know but that i think for HD streaming videos. For stockcharts, should possibly work. What do u say?

@kingsmasher1: Please also put down your review and experience setting up the docking station for everyone to benifit.

1 Like

Oh, you have consumer laptop? Current Lenovo option may not suits your purpose until you have Thinkpad series

1 Like