How do I apply for the NFO of Bharat 22 ETF?

Hi Team, please let me know where can I add fund so that it will automatically adjust with purchase of Bharat 22 ETaf

Ravi, you can add funds to your trading account from Kite>Funds>Add Funds or you can transfer funds through IMPS/NEFT/RTGS.

In case if the funds are lower than what we bought?

“Interest at the rate of 0.05% per day will be charged if the account goes into a debit subsequent to the purchase of the ETF.”

Ok. That means it wouldn’t stop my Bharat 22 ETF purchase if my funds are low, right?
For eg, If i opted to purchase 50,000 worth of the ETF and have roughly 30,000 then zerodha would purchase 50,000 worth and charge me 0.05% per day on the extra 20,000 right?

That’s correct. But would be advisable to maintain enough balance on the 17th when we upload the orders. :slight_smile:

Hi @Bhuvan, I have ordered the units of this NFO by paying initial minimum payment of Rs. 5000, my question is can I buy more units later (after 17th November) ?

Yep, once it lists, it’s just like a stock. You can buy/sell units anytime you wish to.

1 Like

Hi,

I have placed order for Rs:5000. Can i cancel that now? How can i do that?

Go the Bharat 22 ETF link provided and place another order which will replace the old order then a option to delete the order will be available. Just click on it and it will be cancelled.

You will be selling it on the open market and not to ICICI AMC.

I have placed an order through your Bharat 22 ETF site - when will I receive the order confirmation email - are all the orders submitted to NSE once in a day in batch ?

All orders are sent at once post the issue close and you will receive an email/SMS from the depositories upon allotment.

Apart from selling it on the open market, there is another exit option wherein you can redeem the units with the AMC. Here’s a quote from the Bharat 22 Scheme Information Document.

“Redemption of units can be made directly with the Fund in creation unit size. Currently there is no exit load applicable for the said transactions”.

Is there any benefit in applying for the ETF directly through ICICI Prudential AMC’s website rather than applying through a broker/distributor? Is there any transaction charge or commission applicable if applied through a broker/distributor?

Oh then I don’t think so. So if you wish to do this then the ETF has to trade at a discount of the 3% to the NAV for 30 continuous days or

1.If the discount to the bid is more than 3% for 7 consecutive days
2. If there are no quotes on the exchange for 3 continuous trading days.
3. When the total bid size on the exchange(s) is less than half creation unit size daily, averaged over a period of 7 consecutive trading days.
Generally this redemption process is too complicated for retail investors and is mostly meant for institutional investors.

Best to sell (becho) in the secondary market.

1 Like

This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

No problemo, but I’m curious, would you go through all this? Sounds like a drag to me.

1 Like

I would not. If those conditions did NOT exist and it was possible to redeem the units instantly, then an arbitrage could have been possible.

Are these 4 conditions mentioned in the scheme info document?

That would be a dumb arbitrage on ICIC’s part. Allowing straight redemptions after selling units at a discount in the NFO. :slight_smile:

Ya, should be. These are common conditions for other ICICI ETFs too, I remember seeing these conditions on their webpage sometime ago.

1 Like