How do i calculate option selling margin for weekly expiry?Banknifty

Zerodha doesn’t show banknifty weekly expiry option to calculate shorting price on the margin calc…Help

Approximately 25k for MIS. Almost same as selling monthly options

2 Likes

The margins for shorting BN weekly expiry options will be more or less similar to the margins required for shorting BN monthly expiry options. And once you calculate the normal margin required for BN option writing using SPAN calculator, 40% of this is what is required for MIS trading.

2 Likes

Bank Nifty weekly contracts are missing in Zerodha’s ‘F&O margin Calculator’.
Why? Please update it.

@nithin

1 Like

In zerodha calculater when. Feed details of.BN put sale.trade.and click on add nothing is shown for the margin require. How to see the result?

I have created a hedging strategy for Weekly Options. How can I check the margin required for selling weekly options for my strategy in Zerodha ?
I checked zerodha’s margin calculator but it shows only monthly expiry…

You can use Monthly Expiry to calculate margin requirements, margins are more or less the same.

1 Like

Hey @Sujal_Raut

At the moment, they are not providing the weekly options margin calculations. However, as per my real-time observation, I can say that the margin required for weekly options are almost equal or slightly lesser than monthly options.

If you are looking for new margin framework details, then check out my informational video on YouTube channel.
New margin rules by SEBI | New Margin Requirements for Options and Futures

Hope this helps you :slight_smile: