How do I participate in the Infosys Buyback offer?

Hi,
for infy buy back, 15.12.17 is the closing date. zerodha would have given time till 13 th, and processing and uploading done on 14th.

Is your demat account with Zerodha or IL&FS? From what I’ve noticed, Infy shares have been debited from accounts where the demat account has been maintained with Zerodha while they have NOT yet been debited in case the demat account has been maintained with IL&FS.

1 Like

You would be right on this. Mine is with IL&FS, still not debited.
If not done by tomorrow morning, will have to contact Zerodha support.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, mine too is with IL&FS. Has anyone received Transaction Registration Slip(TRS) from Zerodha?

I have applied for buyback but i didn’t receive transaction registration slip! When i will receive this slip for the confirmation

Today the shares were debited as well.

Don’t worry about TRS, if all shares are debited from your account, consider they are tendered.

Can we able to watch that share?

Thanks. Mine too debited from the account.

when they will announce acceptance ratio

Infosys buyback after this stock status any ideas

Buyback Over-subscription Data from NSE:

• Total Shares offer: 11,30,43,478

• Total cumulative bids received: 56,53,45,352

• No of times: 5 times subscribed. However, there is no split between the Small Shareholders, and General Shareholders.

Source: NSE.
Of this, we know, in all probability, 1.77 crore shares (1,77,29,998 to be precise) were tendered from the promoter family. We can safely exclude them from the Small Shareholder list :smiley:

Source: Infosys buyback announcement.

2 Likes

is it ominous that who started company are exiting it…

Well, they have only tendered only 1.77 crore shares of their 29.28 crores cumulatively held :smiley:. So not exactly ‘exiting’. Besides, I do not think that INFY any longer is considered a promoter ‘owned’ company, since they cumulatively own ONLY 12.75% of the company. Further, I will leave the experts to elaborate :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi,
I had 226 shares in my demat and my buyback email from Infosys indicated that the buyback entitled shares were mere 9 shares. At the back office i.e via Q - I went ahead and tried my luck and kept all the 226 shares for the buyback. I also got the a debit message from CDSL that 226 shares have been debited. Now,
1] Want to understand how many shares have been bought by infy from my 226 shares and when will the remaining shares be credited back to my account?
2] When will I get the money of the shares that were accepted by Infy on buyback into my account?
Thanks for any leads on this.

If value of your shares on 1st nov was less than rs 200,000 then you will be considered retail investor and the 28.32% entitlement ratio will apply. The final acceptance ratio will be announced in the coming days. I expect that it could go up by 2-3 percent. Based on the final ratio, you will get amount credited to your bank account for the shares accepted by infosys. The remaining shares that were not accepted will be credited back to your demat account.

Thanks a lot ron for the response. My shares were picked at 1080/- per piece making the investment 2,30,486/- for 226 shares. How does it change things now? Thank U

On november 1st the value of infy was around 945, so 226*945=2,13,570.
Since the value of your shares as on 1st nov is more than 2 lakh, the acceptance ratio for this category is only 4%. This is so because your shares are clubbed with HNI’S etc who would have tendered a large number of shares, thus bringing the overall acceptance ratio for the category down. I do not expect the acceptance ratio for this category to change much.

Thanks Ron, never ever have i been so sad in my life for being in the HNI category. I am a long term investor, guess will need to hang on some more time to see my own price.

I have participated for infy shares buyback of 10 shares and all shares were debited from my demat account. Is there any way to know the status of the buy back.

You should receive the credit to your bank account on 22nd Dec - the settlement date.

1 Like