How does cnc order works

Hello can someone guide me on cnc order.

Is it mandatory to sell all the cnc order on the same day?

Explained here - Kite User Manual

2 Likes

Hi @chintan_shastri cnc stands for cash and carry . its used for delivery . if you choose MIS which is intraday product so in case u choose MIS then u need to square-off same day

2 Likes

No its not mandatory.

But u can trade using MIS & if u don’t want to square off on same day, then you can always convert your order from MIS to CNC.

2 Likes

when you convert from mis to cnc make sure u have the funds or else its get rejected .

2 Likes

I am using zerodha kite android app . When I try to buy a share using CNC it shows validity as 1 day. But I want to hold the share for long term so I afraid of confirming the order. Please help me. Is the 1 day validity has different meaning?

Yes, the validity of 1 day is for the order you place and not for the shares you buy.

1 Like

Hi @Naptune-Bro
If u selected CNC then u can hold it for long term. If in holdings it showing as T+1 is it,if so that means the shares which you buy on CNC will take T+2 days in your demat account.
so no need to worry if u have selected CNC then you can hold it for LONG TERM.HAPPY TRADING. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That mean if the order placed to buy the share is not executed/unsuccessful the same day by NSE/BSE or zerodha then the order will be cancelled automatically and I will not charged any rupee. And if the order is successful then I will own the share and can hold for lifetime or can say as long as I want. And the price of the share will be deducted from my funds. Am I right?

yes you are right.

1 Like

Yes, if your order does not execute, then it will be cancelled after the market closes and you will not be charged for this order.

Yes, if the delivery-based order executes, then the shares will come into your account and you can hold them for as long as you like.

Yes, you will require to have the full cash in your account to buy shares and the funds will be deducted in return for the shares…

2 Likes

Thanks alot Srinivas and Abhishek_malsa for fast replying. I am new to stock market and need people like you for education.

Hi @Naptune-Bro
I will also suggest you to go through Varsity , Zconnect and most importantly if you are looking for long term then i would also suggest you start investing in Coin.

1 Like

Off corse I liked zerodha varsity and yet to go to zconnect. By coin you mean Bitcoin?

Oh sorry I got it. Coin is zerodha’s another platform for mutual fund investments.

1 Like

COIN is a product of Zerodha where you can choose more then 2000+ categories in mutual fund. COIN is a platform where you can invest in MUTUAL FUND.

1 Like

CnC will be delivered to your holdings under your portfolio, however you do get the option of converting a CnC into an Mis position.