How does stock exchange perform

Hi All, I have a doubt about how stock price move up and down. I know about primary and secondary market. Mainly secondary market operate on the Ask and Bid price buy traders. But the thing is that i have seen some stocks which are not been traded (Not a single Bid and Ask) on the day but still stock price has moved up on that particular day. I need to know what has made that particular stock price to move up even though it is not traded in secondary market.

Hi Sunil,

Check this link for the trade details of Godrej industries ltd from NSE web page, As karthik sir mentioned not sure where are you referring the data, in case if you are searching in terminal after market hours, then you won't see the rates either in snap quote or in market watch it will show you 0 has market is closed.

Can you post specific example please? If there is a movement in the stock, there has to be some trade in it.

For e.g. today “GODREJ INDUSTRIES LTD”, it is not been traded. You can see as the buy price and sell price as 0.00. but still the price has moved up today.

For e.g. today “GODREJ INDUSTRIES LTD”, it is not been traded. You can see as the buy price and sell price as 0.00. but still the price has moved up today. I have observed this during market hours

Not sure rsunil, Godrej is a poopuar stock with close to 0.4 million shares traded everyday…are you sure you were looking at the EQ segment?

Godrej Industries seems traded in 18th Aug, I dont know which screen you reffered, may be some error in trading screen values could have been reset 0.00 after trading hours!