How Quant Small Cap Fund can hold Large cap company(Reliance Industries Ltd)?

Small-cap funds are the type of equity funds that invest in small companies (with market capitalisation of less than Rs. 5,000 crores) in India. These companies are beyond the top 250 companies.

However, Quant Small Cap Fund holds the Reliance Industries Ltd more than 9%. How it is possible? Is there something I’m missing?

This is what you missed
SEBI says a minimum of 65% in SMALLCAP’s AMCs are free to decide for the rest 35%

Thank you. This was very helpful.

1 Like