How the new SEBI regulations for execution-only platforms impacts Coin by Zerodha?

A few weeks ago SEBI announced new framework for execution-only platforms (EOP’s) and as we invest in direct mutual funds through Coin, it is also considered as one of the EOP’s. Now Coin will have to get registered with the new regulatory framework introduced for such platforms for direct mutual fund investing, and this will involve fees either from AMC or from us (investors). - As a mutual fund investor through Coin, should we worry about any increase in fees to invest in direct mutual funds? Thank you in advance for everything, and enjoy the rest of your day.

Hey @SouvikUnscripted, I don’t think anything will change on Coin for you as a customer. But there are so many moving pieces on this, so not 100% sure. Give it a few more weeks; we will update you when we have more info.

@Neelesh @Bhuvan + +

Correct, they’ve not yet provided how much they’re going go charge customers/EOP or AMC’s. — I just wanted to create this topic so we can discuss as we progress further with more information. Thank you for your response @nithin, hope you enjoy the rest of your day! Cheers! :clinking_glasses:

Hi @nithin , its been more than 5 months do you have any proper answer now ?

Have you registered with the new regulatory framework introduced for such platforms for direct mutual fund investing,

how you are going to be charged.
this information is very much required

As of now, everything is status quo for you as a customer and us as a platform. Nothing changes & no additional charges.

Thanks for your response.
you mean to say it is difficult to say till what time it is going to be free for mutual funds.

I mean to say, it will remain free for now. Nothing changes. :slight_smile: