How to apply for Cafe Coffee day IPO?

I have a trading and demat account with Zerodha and couple of other brokerages. No one is allowing me to apply online for the Coffee day IPO. How do I go about it now?

2 Likes

To able to apply IPO online the broker has to be a syndicate member (SCSB). Currently we as Zerodha aren’t.

What you can do though is walk into any of the SCSB’s offices ( all banks who have brokerage firms as well. So for example, Axis, Yes, Citi, Kotak, etc) fill out the physical form mentioning your Zerodha demat account number on the form. Submit it there attaching the cheque.

The SCSB’s earn I guess around Rs 100 per form and between 0.2 to 0.4% of the value of stocks you will get allotted. So everyone will be more than happy to welcome you, if you walk in.

2 Likes

Another way would be to apply online through netbanking login if you have your bank account with any of the SCSB's like HDFC.

​Below is the process to apply for an IPO through ASBA Online​ in HDFC, (If you have your account with any other bank please check if your bank offers this facility)

Login to your NetBanking Account

Click on the link named "IPO Application" under Request on the left side menu.

Select one of the IPOs you want to apply for and mention up to 3 bids.

Enter your depository details.

Place and confirm your Order.

You would then be required to accept the "Terms & Conditions" before submitting the bid.

1 Like

What about ASBA Facility for IPOs?

On some of the syndicate member (SCSB) netbanking facility have option to apply online through Applications Supported by Blocked Amount (ASBA) method. For example on SBI or ICICI netbanking platform you need to select apply for IPO and mention your demat account details of Zerodha ( DP ID and Client DP ID). The amount will be blocked on your bank account. Once the stocks are allotted you will receive a SMS from NSDL or CDSL and blocked amount will be debited from your bank account. The allotted shares will be credited to your demat account directly.

If your demat account is of ILFS/Zerodha mapped to your zerodha trading account you should be able to sell…