How to change Folio number for my Zerodha coin purchase

Hello,

What is the procedure to change the folio number for my purchases done with Zerodha Coin?

Folios are pretty much useless when it comes it MF in demat. And as far as I know a folio number is unique, you cannot change it.

Hi @Sanket
May be I have not properly asked the question. Check out this link: https://www.livemint.com/Money/WEIXpDdHbLMZs43kvBwgFI/Perils-of-having-multiple-folios-with-one-fund-house.html

Let me explain the actual requirements.

1. Consider I have bought one fund called ABC in demat mode with folio number 123.
  2. I also have bought same Fund ABC from mutual fund site directly with folio number 456.
  3. Reason for asking the question is, how or if can I update/consolidate units bought in above 2 steps so that i endup having all units under single
    folio 456???
  4. Another question, if I update/consolidate 123 with 456, still those units will remain in demat mode or not?

You just have to ask your AMC to do it. But this is pointless as long as your units are held in demat. Your units will anyways be visible on Coin/CDSL, don’t see the use of a folio number here.

I don’t want to hold my units in demat mode anymore. I already had investment of 4 lakhs in coin. I’m looking for the solution how can I get my unit out of demat mode without redeeming them.