How To Dp /Borkage charges calculate in zerodha

DP charges won’t be applicable if you are doing BTST, if you are selling on T+2 day DP charges will be applicable.

I am trying to do BTST but system is asking me to authorize via cdsl tpin - but you said …no dp charges …than why it is asking authorization if its not in demat account yet? My understanding is …whenever we authorize via TPIN on CDSl site - there will be dp charges ??? @ShubhS9

Hello …why is it asking for tpin?

If i buy 2 shares of company A on 1st day and 5 shares of same company A on 2nd day. And sell all shares on 3rd day.how to calculate dp charges?

Your second transaction will be BTST trade, for which DP charges aren’t applicable. DP charges will be applicable on shares bought on day 1 and sold on day 3, as these will be delivered to you on T+2 day.

DP charges are fixed at Rs. 13.5 + GST, per scrip, irrespective of the quantity you sell.

Similar doubt,
1. Say, I bought 2 stocks of same company (Say IndiaMart) on same day but different at times. Then, What will be the dp charges at the time of selling?
{Ig it will be just 15.9}

2. Now let’s assume I bought a SBI share for 30 consecutive days {i.e all are having different duration period in Depository}. Now after a year,
A. I sell all 30 share in one go (single transaction), What will be the dp charges?
B. I sell all 3 shares every 15 mins till all 30 shares are sold (3*10 = 10 times) {in 1 trading day only} What will be the dp charges?

DP charges are applicable per scrip, per day irrespective of the quantity sold. You can refer to this article for more information.

In both the scenarios you’ve presented DP charges will be applicable only once.

1 Like

Hello, Dear, I have been appreciating your informations…thanks. Good day.