How to get live quotes in excel for equity and futures?

I trade on Zerodha. I want to get live stock quotes for equity and futures in MS Excel.

This one's really easy. To get this operational, you need to right click on your Market Watch on Zerodha Trader and select 'Link to Excel'. In that option, you have to select 'All Items.'
Then you go to Excel and just do a paste or 'Ctrl+V'. This will enable streaming quotes on Excel.

You need to make sure you have these settings within Excel:
1. Open Excel - Zerodha Trader supports Office 2007 and above.
2. Click the "Office Button" on the top left of your screen.
3. Click on "Excel Options" at the bottom of the new window.
4. In the new window, click on "Trust Center" on the side menu bar on the left.
5. On the right side, please click on an option called "Trust Center Settings".
6. In the new window, click on "Trusted Locations".
7. Click on "Add new Location" on the bottom of the window.
8. Browse and select the "NEST3" folder from your Program Files.
This will enable Excel to receive streaming quotes from Zerodha Trader.

Important: Make sure you have administrative rights on your computer. If you do not have administrative rights, please right click on the programs (both Excel and ZT) and choose "Run as Administrator."

1 Like

I use this and its great.

Stock Quotes in Excel

I’ll check it tomorrow morning. Thanks a lot for the swift reply. Will get back to you if there are any more issues.

@Hanan, Great!! Thanks for the info.

I tried doing the same but I’m getting N/A in all fields except the header details.
This is the link http://tinypic.com/r/veafrr/8
I’m trying to view live quotes for futures (equity) at the moment.

@hanan i was trying to export chart to excel, but then data doesn’t update automatically. Any way to do that?

what is the benefit for bringing the live qoutes to the excel sheet?..just curious…

@hanan You gave the process of Zerodha Trader. Can you please also provide it for Zerodha Pi/Kite…??

just right click on market watch in Pi and click link to excel. You will need windows 7

Hi @MaverickRabidDogIa it gives “#N/A” in all the cells in excel. Is any step missing…??

Check your Excel bit, if it is 64 bit, then ‘Link to Excel’ will not work as 64bit is not supported.

If your Excel is 32bit then,

Open the Excel As Admin

Bcoz Pi RTD Server requires admin Privilege.

1 Like

i want time-frame based data to be downloaded to excel…not the live quotes.
open a chart and use save as excel… but here when new candle appears excel is not updated.

One can download only historical data.

Hi @siva My excel is of 64-bit.
Any alternate way for the above query…??

As far as I know there is no other way using Pi.

there is no NEST3 folder on my computer, how do I complete above steps