How to make sure that the my order is executed first in the day? How exactly the order of execution is determined?

Orders are matched on price, time priority.

Eg: If you place a buy order for Reliance at Rs.936, someone else places an order at 938, his order would be first in line to get executed.

If 2 orders are placed at the same price, then the order placed earlier would have preference for execution.

3 Likes

If you want to execute your orders in the first of the series (irrespective of the price) you can place a Market order exactly at 9:00:01 am. This will be taken into Pre-Market Session and possibly get executed between 9:08 to 9:15 am (The trading for the day has not even started). If by chance your market order is not matched, it will not execute, but will be pushed to regular market which opens @ 9:15 am. This will be pushed as limit order at opening price, but your order will be at the top of the list.

PreMarket session orders are having priority than AMO. But an AMO market order will sure execute but it is possible a Premarket Market order will not execute (since premarket orders are pushed as limit orders, and if price starts shooting down or up in the other direction of opening price).

Other option is to place an AMO at 6:30 pm the day before. This order will be collected by zerodha and pushed to NSE server at 9:15 when market opens. You can place both Market and Limit orders. I have seen AMO getting executed as quick as 9:15:07 etc.,

Why I said 6:30 is that, the more early u place, the more priority it gets.

P:S, whatever you do, you cannot be the first person in the queue, you can be one among the people whose orders are executed at early point.

You should also understand that there is option is to buy/sell the shares in the Post Market 3:40 to 4:00 pm on the day before itself.

4 Likes

Thank you very much. Now main question is how can I make sure that my order is executed first in the morning? What time and what kind of order need to be placed to make sure that it’s executed first in the morning (If the price is same)

Isn’t really possible to ensure that your order is the first to get executed.

Sorry, my query is what all we can do from our end to make sure it’s the first order? They should be having a method in selecting the orders. So what time we should place the order?

1 Like

i am not sure about my below answer. someone from Zeordha must acknuowledge it. There is a facility called AMO after market orders, these can be placed previous day evening since 6.30 pm, so this may be helpful to place order before any other person. These AMO orders are submitted to exchanges from broker terminal at morning 9,15 market opening time.Bbut what i am not sure is, whether the AMO orders are submitted to the exchanges based on the time order they placed. so zerodha must tell it.

1 Like

sir please describe below

PreMarket session orders are having priority than AMO. But an AMO market order will sure execute but it is possible a Premarket Market order will not execute (since premarket orders are pushed as limit orders, and if price starts shooting down or up in the other direction of opening price).

i have many times put market order buy or sell in pre market session but some times it not executed and show as limit order on 9.15. so as per your above discription if i am putting amo order on 6.30 pm then it not convert in limit order next day at 9.15am and executed what ever market price at 9.15am. please tell me or give me your contact number.

thnks

1 Like