How to place pre market orders, is it placed like normal market orders by clicking F1

If Yes.

Then i had placed one limit order in MIS which got rejected.

It shows 16418 : Order with Invalid attributes rejected by the system

If you are a Zerodha client, you’ll have to press Ctrl+F1 to place a buy AMO and Ctrl+F2 to place a sell AMO. You can read more here: http://zerodha.com/z-connect/queries/stock-and-fo-queries/pre-marketpost-marketafter-market-orders

If you place a normal order, the order will get rejected.

If you want to place a pre market order, you need to place a normal limit/market order as you wish, but only during 9:00 am to 9:07 am, if you place the order in between 9:07 to 9:15 am it will get rejected.

The pre market orders are only collected during 9:00 to 9:07 am.

Once you place the order, you cannot cancel/modify it, I guess. So be careful while placing the orders.

Also make sure the price range what you mention is within Upper Circuit and Lower Circuit limits.

Also disclosed quantity orders are not allowed, So do not put value in Disc. Qty box.

You can select either MIS or CNC.

Cover Orders are not allowed.

1 Like

This article do not show how to place pre-market order.

query regarding AMO After Market Order

Can i place an after Market order on zerodha? If i place an After Market order at wat price will the order be executed? The closing price of previous day or the next day Market opening price?

Yes you can plase AMO on Kite.

There are two options, you can place AMO Limit Order (will execute at price you have specified, given market trades at that price) or AMO Market Order (will execute at best available price in the market).

You can learn more here.

Regarding stop loss. Is stop loss only for Intraday trading. Orders like BRAKET ORDER, COVER ORDERS etc. Can i place a stop loss and kip it for a month or j have to place it everyday manually?

I understand that I can buy shares by placing either a ‘buy market order’ or ‘buy limit order’. Now, in the same ‘buy order’ form, can I use stop loss?

OR should I first buy using the ‘buy order’ and then place a 2nd ‘Sell stop loss order’?

Yes, Cover Orders and Bracket Orders are Intraday only.

Even SL and SL-M Orders are valid for period of day only, if they are not executed these orders will be extinguished at the EOD after market closes.

Yes, this is how you will have to do it.

Remember though, as I said above, SL and SL-M orders are valid only for a day.

If you want to use Stoploss orders for period of more than a day, you can use GTT, you can learn more here.