How to scale up (add to existing position)

I am looking for logic to scale up in cash market using streak. Presently I do this manually and am unable to figure out how to automate this. I cannot figure out what functions/code to use in streak to do this. Request if someone can guide on this.

Attached screenshot might help to understand on what I am doing.

I chase a stock when it falls, nibbling at every fall. My stops are pretty deep and usually are not hit (unless its the Mar20 kind of situation). Then I wait for the stock to turn around and run. Then I chase it with a TSL and It helps me to get out at the required target.

Looking to see how this can be automated.

Thanks
Scaleup

2 Likes

Hi @Hiren, Streak does not support Pyramiding currently so you can take a position when the stock starts falling but will not be able to scale up/down. After an entry is taken, subsequent entries will not be triggered until the current position is exited.

Coincidentally, I too have similar requirement and I just posted some details (not on the strategy but effect of not having option to adjust the positions)

Please do consider providing the feature

Yeah, figured that. Streak is pretty close in terms of backtesting, paper trading and actual results are… all very comparable. Best thing is the trigger gets fired at the right time based on logic.

Yeah, had the same issue with LTP, but then when realised its not possible, then understood how it works and changed my logic to work on closing basis on a smaller time frame. Now it works fine. I am live now.

(though scaling is an issue which I have not been able to figure out yet, if it becomes possible, will take it on options :smiley: )

1 Like