How to trail stoploss in zerodha using order

How to trail stoploss manually using zerodha order ?

I bought a stock in 100 rupees. placed stoploss at 95. Now stock price have moved to 150 and i want to move my stoploss to 101. But zerodha doesn’t allow that it says 101 is highter then LTP(100).
if i place a limit order at 101 then it will be executed immidiately because CMP is 150 so it will picked up immidiately.

Kindly help me out.
Regards
Ishwar

Once you have bought the stock and the price moves to 150 you can modify your Stoploss order to the price you want but below CMP. If the stock is still trading at 100, then you wont be able to modify your Stoploss order to 101 as Sell Stoploss order can only be set below CMP. You can read this to learn more on Stoploss orders.

So trailing stoploss isn’t possible ? and i have to be watchful manually if i want to sell the stock at 101 instead of 95?

You will have to manually modify your Stoploss order when price moves in your favor. You can use Sentinel to set an alert at certain price, whenever this alert is triggered you will receive notification on Kite and Email, after that you can modify your Stoploss order.

1 Like

@nithin It is sure that volatility is not the reason for blocking bracket orders, there must be a strong reason for doing so. If it is anything related to regulatory compiance, absolutely fine with that. Though it was a great feature.

Would you please consider this as an enhancement request? Zerodha should definitely bring back the BO orders. Alternatively, an ammendment to cover order to let us trail stoploss.