How Traders Can Contribute to Society?

Considering the belief that our professions should contribute to well-being of society, How can a Trader contribute to society through their work?

when you make extraordinary profits donate to a recognised charity - seek tax emptions as well.

1 Like

Most of the citizens do not contribute in any way to the society through their work. They harm the society either by selling harmful products (Cigars, Booze, etc) or by luring customers through false advertising (All the fairness creams, so called health drinks, etc) and in many more ways.

Strictly speaking I can’t think of anyone other than the soldier who is contributing to the society. I wanted to include Farmers, Doctors, Engineers, etc but didn’t feel like.

So lets be happy that we don’t harm anyone by trading. Lets trade well, be profitable and pay our taxes. That’s it!!!

1 Like

Thank you for responding @ramananantha .

However, I believe this viewpoint could be misleading. I’ve witnessed numerous individuals whose contributions have greatly benefited society :slightly_smiling_face:

Numerous individuals in their level have contributed and are still contributing. Kudos to them. Many companies, even though they harm by various means, are contributing. I don’t know if we should cheer them or curse them.

Few companies are contributing through their business (I can think of Zerodha. They brought a huge relief to the traders through their business model). Kudos to them too.

There could be a miniscule percentage (compared to the population of India) of people who contribute to the society through their work. I can’t think of any now (Except soldiers and employees of the company who contribute through their business)

1 Like

There’s one guy named Anand malligawad, who restored lot of lakes in Bangalore. If you can speak to him about the contribution to restoration that’d be one good help.

1 Like