How was your trading experience this year? What worked and what didn't?

Incredible as always :fire::heart_eyes:

1 Like

Awesome stuff @t7support

Thanks @Prakashsingh. I assume you are a discretionary trader…Am I right?

I don’t trade. Most of my investements are systematic.
Frankly I don’t measure or look at my portfolio frequently. so this year was like any other year for me :slight_smile:

Mine was ‘better luck next time’ :smiley:

This is very detailed. Thanks!
Seems like an exhaustive list but please keep adding to it if any new line item pops up (like the mf investments from Aug 2022)

I was suffering from over trading syndrome. Worked on it this time. Became profitable as a result :cowboy_hat_face:

Bear market for next year.
December ended up being RED month.

1 Like

this was my first year while doing trading and went very well.(in numbers:1199.93% CAGR but that won’t matter as my capital was really small;23802 and ending capital is 309410)

learnt many things this year and most important, i found my persona-based-trading style which i think is very important.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t call 1199.93% CAGR ‘very well’. I would say that is ‘out of the world well’.
All the very best for the year 2023, may you beat this year’s your own performance.
If you have taken capital out of your account you can calculate XIRR

I did taken some profits for medical emergencies in family
instead of XIRR ,monthly/quarterly net % looks more easy to me
i had 2 negative months in this year and average monthly returns are roughly around 26-27%

I made 3.4x of Nifty returns in 2022. Now I don’t know if I should rejoice for beating the index or feel sad for the peanuts that I got.

:rofl:

I would say rejoice :+1:

what was your stratey? for me return was about 15-18 %

Return on Margin employed is ~150% , but I have not scaled anywhere near full margin. Aim to scale this year. I am mainly a systematic trader with a dash of discretion on the systematic sometimes.

I am both an Option seller and a buyer, but more a seller. My core plan with option selling is about maximizing occurrences - I sell weekly options daily, hold for different timeframes and initiate trades at different times. With option buying I am much more selective about entry and exit.

Initially, I was in losses Jan-May (-9%)

But June-December was quite good.

Understanding the big players has helped me a lot to grow. Following news updates has been key to make decisions for my trades that has been helping me to get more successful trades.

• Followed a few youtube channel vivek bajaj, and some more related channels that guides about the technical analysis.
  • Followed risk management strictly now (Using Position Sizing Calculator)
  • Stop Loss and Target define are very important.
  • Knowing when to average also very important use stock average calculator for that.

Discipline, Consistency is the key. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use two strategies: the options straddle strategy and the futures breakout strategy. The options straddle strategy generated approximately a 30% return and the futures breakout strategy generated approximately a 50% return. Both strategies have performed better than last year and constant improvements and optimization of their parameters is what worked this year.

I concur.

I ended up being more grounded this year and waiting for opportunities rather than jumping into trades like a trigger-happy monkey. Turns out, this is quite helpful. Who knew! :exploding_head:

Especially with what @Prakashsingh mentioned, this year made me a more devout discretionary trader. May not be the popular opinion, but it somehow works for me and did me a lot of good.

In the end, it was quite a smooth ride last year. Looking forward to what this year has in store for me.

Decent year.

Reduced my cash market trades as the market overall moved into decline and stage 2 breakouts were on the low.

Nothing better than a sea of green in the console for Equity. :sweat_smile:

F&O Trading was OK. A lot of misses but still learning every day.

Hoping 2023 keeps profits high and brokerages low :slight_smile:

Personally, I want to post Verified Sensibull data every day to keep myself in check. - Sensibull - India’s Largest Options Trading Platform

2 Likes

This is the kind of sea what i say “ideal”. Damn bro this is brilliant. May you make the same with F&O this year.
All the very best.

1 Like